Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother CS6000i opinion? >

Brother CS6000i opinion?

Brother CS6000i opinion?

Old 03-26-2016, 03:03 PM

I have this machine...GREAT little workhorse and a bargain. Agree that you should search here on the Board for comments and read Amazon reviews.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:42 PM

I have had this brother for about 4 years and love it.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2 View Post
I need your feedback please. My main sewing machine is in the shop fixing a small hiccup. My back-up is an Elna Quilter's Dream. I purchased it used and loved the smooth sewing and quietness of it. But it has reached the end of it's life as I've put way too much money into trying to get rid of a squeak. So I'm looking for an inexpensive new back-up. I found the Brother CS6000i on Amazon prime for only $145, original price $449. I'm tempted to get it.
To those of you who might have this machine, can you tell me how you like it. Is it quiet? Any problems? Please help me make a decision. Thanks.
Sewing pattern review has several user reviews of this machine. You have to be a member to read them but it is free. https://sewing.patternreview.com/Sew.../Review/1/5712
Old 03-26-2016, 05:43 PM

I loved my lightweight Brother purchased at Walmart for classes and a back up---unfortunately I gave it to my DIL with gift card for classes at JoAnne's (she does not live nearby) to encourage her to get the sewing bug--she definitely does NOT have it.

Regarding your squeak--can you locate where it is? Reason I ask is the foot pedal of my really nice and loved Elna squeaks sometimes--the place where I take for maintanence doesn't work on the foot pedal but told me to open the plastic case and make sure no lint/dust--just haven't taken time to do that.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:10 PM

I love mine--it's my backup ( and buttonholer and zigzagger). It was too lightweight for much quilting--I kept pushing it all over the table! Set into a table, it should be fine for that, too.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:20 PM

I have this machine. I love it and have never had a problem with it. I have always owned Singers and this is my first Brother. I would never go back to Singer. This one is real user friendly.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:14 PM

I used this machine for several years before I bought a newer, more expensive model (which I love!!!). I gave it to my sister who has been using it for the past 2 years. She loves her little Brother cs6000i as much as I did. I have owned several Brother machines and have had no serious issues with any of them.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:28 AM

I have the brother SQ-9050 as my backup travel machine got it for 180 at walmart. had this machine for almost 5 years sews through thick layers. I use it all the time, and absolutely love it. wouldn't hesitate to buy another walmart brother. My machine is very similar to the 6000 withg maybe a difference in stitches on the machine and accesories included. I think mine comes with more quilting feet than the 6000. Brother makes all machines that they distribute everywhere the same they are not seconds or made ionferior for walmart and big box stores. You can buy refurbished machines that had problems and were sent back to the factory for repair and resold as refurbished, but it will say refurbished if you buy online. My brother xl-3500i mechanical I bought refurbished off of overstock about 9 years ago. Still runs beautifully and I gave it to my 6 year old daughter for her to learn on. So when people dump on low end brother I tend not to believe it because I have 2 and one is refurbished and the other from walmart and both work beautifully with no issues. I believe most have never used these machines and are just saying things they have heard. My original low end mechanical brother is 21years old and my MIL uses it regularly as well
Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Geri - what is your source for this information? I bought a refurbished serger from AllBrands and it was in a plain box clearly marked refurbished.
My source for what information? The fact that Wawak sells refurbished machines at great prices and states the fact that they are refurbished? I recently recd a catalog that showed several...clearly marked refurbished.

Or, are you asking my source for my thought that no company would purposely sell inferior product at one outlet...namely Walmart, and not inform possible purchasers of the fact that the product is "not new"? I do think there are laws against such selling practices, and I really don't think Walmart wants to be branded with that black mark, not to mention the legal retribution that might be attached......
Old 03-27-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Geri - what is your source for this information? I bought a refurbished serger from AllBrands and it was in a plain box clearly marked refurbished.
My source for what information? The fact that Wawak sells refurbished machines at great prices and states the fact that they are refurbished? I recently recd a catalog that showed several...clearly marked refurbished.

Or, are you asking my source for my thought that no company would purposely sell inferior product at one outlet...namely Walmart, and not inform possible purchasers of the fact that the product is "not new"? I do think there are laws against such selling practices, and I really don't think Walmart wants to be branded with that black mark, not to mention the legal retribution that might be attached......

and as you stated...your purchase was identified as refurbished...and I think that would be the norm, no matter who the seller is.