Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brother cs6000i

I just got my new machine yesterday afternoon and have a quick question and will probably have more later. When I start sewing I get about seven straight stitches done and then the stitch goes to the right one stitch then straight again. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

does it keep doing this or just the one time? Did you check to see if you have the right stitch settings? I am not too familiar with your machine my brother has many different stitches it amost sounds as if you have a blind stitch setting??

Blog Entries
    If the setting is on straight stitch and you get one crooked stitch, take it back. I had a machine do this and the stitches will eventually pull to the right, actually sewing crooked.

I bought that same machine from Amazon and just received it last week. Once I tested mine, I haven't used it again. I bought it for a back up. On my machine, there are two straight stitches. Stitch number 00 is a straight stitch with the needle position to the left. Stitch number 01 is also a straight stitch but with the needle position in the middle.

I just bought mine from Amazon. It has done this with all of my samples that I have done. I was afraid that it would keep doing this and my seams would end up crooked. I really am hoping that there is a easy solution.

tmw
    Quote Originally Posted by sasseyib
    I just bought mine from Amazon. It has done this with all of my samples that I have done. I was afraid that it would keep doing this and my seams would end up crooked. I really am hoping that there is a easy solution.
    I have this model, did you check your settings , it sounds like it might setting #41. look at the numbers in the window. and reset the window number. did i help any?

Quote Originally Posted by tmw
    I have this model

I cannot find any information on oiling this machine. Surely it needs to be oiled. Can you tell me where the information is on oiling? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I have this machine and never had any trouble..I think you don't have the settings right. Look in the window and make sure you are on the straight stitch..and then move the needle where you want it to sew your seam.

You can't oil it like you do some. I have the same machine.

tmw
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    Quote Originally Posted by tmw
    I have this model

I cannot find any information on oiling this machine. Surely it needs to be oiled. Can you tell me where the information is on oiling? Thanks.
    the manuel [sp] doesn't say anything about oiling it! do they make any sewing machines that don't need oiling?

You don't oil this one. Why I don't know. That is just the way they are made.

tmw
    Quote Originally Posted by Norene B
    You don't oil this one. Why I don't know. That is just the way they are made.
    i guess they are sealed up and the workings inside are not metal, the newer workings don't need the oil like metal rubbing against metal does.

The link tells you not to oil this machine.

Hope the info helped. Good luck with your machine.

Do you have it on straight stitch? Check what number it's on. Sounds to me like you have it set to do a blanket stitch.

I have this machine and love it so far.

Unlike mechanical machines, which you can easily oil and maintain yourself, computerized machines cannot be oiled. The only maintenance on computerized machines is keeping the bobbin area clean after you have completed a project. You want to be sure you clean out the thread dust on a regular basis.

I also think you have your stitch setting on a utility or decorative stitch, maybe the blind hem stitch.

I have heard really good things about these machines, hopefully this will be an easy fix and you'll be happy with it!

Blog Entries
    I've been sewing on this machine nonstop for 9 months and have had no problems at all. That really sounds like you are not on stitch number 01. Do you know how to check that?

Also, this machine is not oiled. I have taken it apart and cleaned regularly from top to bottom, it does need cleaning with each bobbin change.

Blog Entries
    I have several of this machine and my friends have some too. Have sewn on them for several years now and no trouble at all.
    No oiling.
    Very simple to operate.
    Be sure to lower your pressor foot.
    Try rethreading if you get wonky stitches.
    If it's not in the manual, then you don't need it.
    I do recommend the recommended yearly checkup for these machines, as the tech can put new oiled bushings in if needed.
    But probably won't be needed.

Norene,

Thanks for the information on NOT oiling the machine.

You are welcome.

I bought this same machine and really like it...good machine for the price. I don't use it a whole lot because I have different vintage sewing machines I use most of the time. If you can't get it to sew properly, exchanage it, and remember not to oil it.

Thank you for all of your answers. I took my thread out and used another color and didn't have the problem. I put the original back in and am not having it do it again so I must have threaded it wrong. Don't know how but as long as it works I am a happy camper. I have tried both the 00 and the 01 settings. I am just enjoying how it works and can't wait to try other stitches. Thank you again for all the suggestions.

tmw
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    I've been sewing on this machine nonstop for 9 months and have had no problems at all. That really sounds like you are not on stitch number 01. Do you know how to check that?

Also, this machine is not oiled. I have taken it apart and cleaned regularly from top to bottom, it does need cleaning with each bobbin change.
    how can you take it apart,? the manuel doesn't say anything about oiling it, ??!?!?!?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast