Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother Foot Controller >

Brother Foot Controller

Brother Foot Controller

Old 08-25-2020, 02:53 PM

Default Brother Foot Controller

Hi! Mary here. I have a Brother machine that's not even a year old, has been working just fine. I just set it up to use it but the foot controller cord will not plug into the side of the machine (like it always does). The prongs are not bent, the holes in plug look fine & open. Just won't go in. Hoping someone can help me! I ckd manual, nothing, online, nothing. Halp!
TIA!
T
Old 08-25-2020, 04:37 PM

Hi Mary, welcome to the board.

Do you have multiple machines? Is it possible you are trying to use the foot from a different machine?

There is nothing electronic about this, just simple plug-and-go, so not a lot of troubleshooting we can do other than what it sounds like you've already done. Is the plug directional, meaning it will only go in one way? Maybe have someone else in your house try it; sometimes I don't realize where I'm going wrong until I ask my husband or one of my sons to try whatever I'm having an issue with.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:41 PM

It's the only machine I have & I store the power/foot cord in the same bag. I had him try it too but nope. The open spots are open with no obstruction, prongs are undamaged and where they should be. Strangest thing. Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-25-2020, 04:58 PM

Make sure you are not trying to plug it into the computer cable slot.

They are different sizes.

Check your manual and match the correct slots.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:31 PM

Sounds like the inside plug port has shifted. On the lower end Brother machines, there really aren't any service panels to remove. There's a front cover and a back cover that are screwed together. You have to remove as many screws as you can find, then there are a couple that are hidden deep inside the machine. I think if you can just get the bottom of the machine to open a crack, you can probably shift the plug port back into position, without removing the covers. Avoid removing the covers if you possibly can. There are circuit boards inside that have delicate wire connectors that can break easily.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:46 PM

The brother plug has a "top side" and a bottom side..make sure you're not trying to insert it upside down. One side is squared off and the other is rounded..try to line them up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ReadyWire...oaAnE5EALw_wcB