Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother innov-is 2750d machine information >

Brother innov-is 2750d machine information

Brother innov-is 2750d machine information

Old 04-19-2019, 04:19 AM
j50

Default Brother innov-is 2750d machine information

Looking at the Brother innov-is NS2750d machine.

Anyone have any thoughts on this. I would like to do some quilting on this, it will be on small quilts. Not even a twin size. Mostly charity quilts and art pieces.

Is there enough room under the foot to adequate quilting. I will not be using any high loft batting.

My Babylock ES1 2 machine which is identical to this has died.. Still want to do embroidery and I do like the fact that there is a knee lift.

Thanks in advance for all of your comments!!
Old 04-20-2019, 05:38 AM

If the machine is the same as your ES1 2, it should work out well, I would think. Do they use the same hoops etc, that would be a plus.
You can use the embroidery to quilt the blocks, I have used my Innovis to quilt baby quilts. I bought a magnetic hoop and that is a dream to do the quilt sandwich.
Get free or near free line designs online, nice feature to have the usb to put designs to machine.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 AM
j50

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
If the machine is the same as your ES1 2, it should work out well, I would think. Do they use the same hoops etc, that would be a plus.
You can use the embroidery to quilt the blocks, I have used my Innovis to quilt baby quilts. I bought a magnetic hoop and that is a dream to do the quilt sandwich.
Get free or near free line designs online, nice feature to have the usb to put designs to machine.
It is almost identical but has a larger embroidery area but uses similar hoop. Can not use the old one, will look into mag hoop. I like that this has an extension table and knee lift.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:27 PM

I have a different Brother embroidery (only) machine that was my first intro to machine embroidery, and I have upgraded to a larger Baby Lock, but keep the Brother around as a backup and for smaller projects. I've been happy with it, but haven't used it much. On this Innov-is model unless I really wanted those Disney designs, I'd want to know if they're costing me more than I'd pay for a similar machine that doesn't have them. Whether it actually does, I don't know. If the websites that sell this model have customer feedback that would be something you could read through, but take with a grain of salt because most people review things too soon after they get them. About all I can really contribute is that I have a favorable impression of Brother machines in general.

I did a quick search for a mag hoop for the Innov-ís NS2750D and did not find one. I don't know if they make magnetic hoops for this machine, but definitely find out before you buy. Not all Brothers have the same design where hoops attach.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:30 AM
j50

I have not seen any customer reviews on line about this machine. Disney designs are not important since I do a lot of my own digitizing.

No mag hoop for this either, boy they are expensive, I also looked.

Since there have been only 2 responses to this post I wonder about who actually bought one of these machines.

Maybe I should be leery.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:56 AM

I want to buy an Innovis embroidery only so I will keep reading this thread
Old 04-28-2019, 01:52 PM

I have a Brother Innov-IS NS2750D machine. Other than straight line quilting with a walking foot, free motion quilting was a huge struggle for me. Not so much because of the throat space but the fact that the machine is so persnickety and that I ripped and ripped and ripped. I was at the shop where I purchased it and another one of these models was being looked at by the owner. I told her how persnickety it was and she said, "that's what she said!" Unfortunately it has been a disappointment for me and will be replaced when I can afford it. In the meantime I purchased a used Tiara and was Finally able to quilt. Good luck with your decision. Sometimes you just get a lemon; maybe that's what happened to me.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-28-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-12-2019, 11:13 AM
j50

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Just unpacked my sewing machine and had to try out the free motion quilting. Works fine for me.

Where did you get your mag hoop from???? Can not find one on line.

Will have to buy a 4x4 hoop since I do a lot of small embroidery. The old hoops do not fit. They changed the attachment hardware.
Oh well.

Now I have to master the fancy auto threader. It is overkill in my opinion but what the hey.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:14 PM
cif

can you explain the 'symptom' that defines persnickety, I'm a newbie and never sure if me or the machine