Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine >

Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine

Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine

Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 AM

Default Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine

Ladies,
What are the pros and cons of the Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine?
I am thinking about purchasing a used one CHEAP.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

It has the smallest size embroidery area, 4X4, and does not have a USB port, so you will be limited to using Brother Embroidery cards or purchasing additional software and a card writer if you want to download designs from the internet.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Banned

The only pro I can see is it has Disney designs in it. The biggest cons are the small embroidery hoop size and no usb port.

Cari
Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 AM

I don't have that particular machine but I do have a different Brother embroidery machine and I love mine. It does the 4 x 4 designs and I did buy the Ultimate Vikant Box to be able to use embroidery designs that I purchased online and downloaded to the card. I use my machine on baby clothing, hand towels, quilt blocks etc. I have not felt limited with the 4 x 4 size but I think that's because of the kinds of things I put the embroidery designs on. I bought my machine from Allbrands.com and never had a problem. Check out the link below. They sell many brands.

http://www.allbrands.com/categories/...e-usb-cable-70
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 PM

The 270D was my very first embroidery machine. (Coincidentally, I'm also selling mine because I recently upgraded to the Brother PE 700II.) I never had a moment's trouble with the 270D; it's a great little machine. The Disney designs are cute, and at the time I bought the machine the Brother embroidery cards were readily available. But don't let the card thing deter you; the Brother USB card writer boxes can still be purchased, as can the blank cards.

I think the 270D is a good machine for someone just starting out in machine embroidery, as long as you can be happy with the 4x4" hoop for a while!