Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brother SQ 9050

If the model # is the same it is the same machine. Sometimes what comes with it may vary but thats it. Someone on here got that info from Brother several years ago.

I bought the SQ9000 about 2-3 yrs. ago and love it. Wal-mart 199.00. I do all my machine quilting on it. Can't do stippling on my big brother PC8200. I don't think the buy will be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
    Does anyone have a Brother SQ 9050 sewing machine? I am looking at one from Walmart for $199. My Brother dealer claims that the machines made for Walmart are inferior to the ones they carry and I will be very unhappy with them. I figured you guys would know if that was true or not.

I have a wonderful Brother Innovis 2000, that I love, but it is really too big to take to sewing retreats, etc., so I am just looking for a smaller machine to carry about.

I'm in need of your knowledge...
    I was told the same thing regarding the Brother PE770 embroidery machine. I called Brother directly and they told me they were the same exact machine and that there was no difference in what is manufactured.

I wouldn't buy anything from Chinamart... Buy from a reputable dealer.

It's the same way with Walmart and rifles. They can order so many that they can have them made by the manufacturer at a lesser standard... hence the lower prices. You really do get what you pay for.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looks like this is an old thread, but FWIW, I had this model of sewing machine for about 4 years. I used it VERY heavily ... we're talking hours and hours of commercial-type use almost every single day. Even with me running it so hard, it still sewed just fine even 4-ish years later, but it was making some odd noises, so I eventually replaced it with another Brother (# PC-420, which has more features and a bigger throat).

With average household/personal use, I'm sure it would last for many, many years. I feel that it was well worth the money.

Edit: I bought mine at Walmart.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

I've had mine for 5 years, liked it so much that I bought my niece one(she quilts, too)...and we both are in awe of how much it can do. Never had a problem with it. For less than 200 dollars, it has a ton of great features, and really..when I bought it I decided that if it died, I could buy 1 a year for 10 years and still be way ahead of the cost of the high end machines. My niece lives on the other coast from me, and we were just talking on the phone the other night about how much we love them..the black mourning dresses and the headstones when they die!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2