Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buried in projects! >

Buried in projects!

Buried in projects!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM

I agree whole-heartedly! I will never be finished! The feeling of passing on something that you've made with your own hands, can't beat it!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 PM

Absolutely not! For every project that I finish, I have dozens more that I want to do. But that is okay...how horrible it would be to not have anything to look forward to making.
My New Year's resolution is to sew more than I have, and to really have something to show for all of my work this time next year. ;)
Old 12-21-2010, 05:56 PM

I nerver get caught up.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Karma
I started quilting in 1996 in high school. for a few years all was well. Then i got married and had kids, life got in the way and low and behold my sewing machine got put away (Bernina 1030), after a 5 year break I'm back to quilting and oh my Lord i am buried under a ton of projects! each of the kids wanted one I had been saving fabric for a purple and white quilt (grandma's fan) as well as a yellow and white one (flying geese), i started all of these within a week, then the boyfriend wanted me to make a crown royal quilt (out of his bags he had saved) as well as one for his mom. Now Grandma is hinting about a lap quilt for her.

I've only been back for a month and i have finished the kids' quilts (they helped) and started 4 more I have also developed a folder of some amazing treasures i have found here that are screaming to be made.
As quilter's do we ever get caught up?
No. We just go to pieces.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:48 PM

To get caught up would take all the fun out of it! Working on several projects at the time keeps you from being bored with the same ole same. :lol:
Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 PM

I was thinking about asking the good Lord if I could take my supplies with me. lol I'm sure he has some fabric waiting. lol
Old 12-21-2010, 08:24 PM

I'm not too worried about getting caught up - My oldest son asked me to downsize, so they wouldn't have so much to go through. "Not happening" I said - because I'm taking it with me, so I'll have something to do when I get there !
Old 12-21-2010, 08:48 PM

If I could sew 10 hours a day 7 days a week it would probably take the next 10 years just to use up a good portion of my stash and WIP's. To make all the ideas I have written down I need to live to be about 150.
I will always have someone to make quilts for. I have 10 siblings, my mom has 25 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren. That isn't counting spouses of any of the above.
I'm already 7 baby quilts behind. They'll be toddlers soon. My nieces and nephews need to slow down on the baby production.
Who said anything about getting caught up????
One nice thing about quilters - we won't get bored.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Jim

If you EVER find out what "Caught Up " is..please let everyone here know...PLEASE
Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 PM

I made a post on here and listed all of my un finished projects.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-79662-1.htm

I have to say it has helped to motivate me. I will see the thread through until every project listed is finished......... but since then I have started several "new" projects, and I don't want to turn the QB into the world of my unfinished projects. lol So I made a free tripod webpage. This way some of my FB friends can also help motivate me by allowing me to share with them. I want to work harder to finish so I can share pics with anyone that would like to see them :) Just thought I would share this idea with you :)