Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buried in projects! >

Buried in projects!

Buried in projects!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:51 AM

Who gets caught up??? With all my quilting projects and other crafting projects, I will be at this until Kingdom come. LOL But I don't mind for it keeps me from getting bored.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:53 AM

One thing I have noticed in my years of life is that folks who keep their hands busy creating never say"I'm bored"!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 AM

How true Maggimae - and for those who are bored, they need a hobby(s) to get "unbored"............... I don't have time to be bored! But not all are as lucky as us who love to quilt! Like all of you have said, there is always "one more" to do! Sometimes that one more becomes many more!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:01 AM

Where would be the fun in that?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 AM

“Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?” ~Robert Browning

Same thing goes for women!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 AM
nab

Don't let them overwelm you. When this happens to me I get nothing done. It all goes on a list and hopefully some day it will get done. BUT, there are things I want to do just because and not specifically for someone. I do not want to HAVE TO quilt. It is my fun time not my stress time. Good luck with getting your "I wants" done. I do agree we never get caught up. That's part of the fun.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Caught up??? Are those words in the dictionary?? I am working on a bargello queen/king size for my niece. I have fabric to make a queen quilt for my sister.
I have a quilt to make for my other sister, a lap quilt and quilt for my SIL, and fabric sitting here waiting to get made into a quilt for our guest room. Just hope no guest arrive before I get it done... which should be.....????
I'm having a great time, even if I am not professional. I just enjoy turning fabric into something beautfiful. Who could ask for anything better
Old 12-21-2010, 10:55 AM

I doubt if I'll ever be caught up. My kids are adding kids. LOL!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Funny how that happens! LOL! :D
Old 12-21-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Karma
I started quilting in 1996 in high school. for a few years all was well. Then i got married and had kids, life got in the way and low and behold my sewing machine got put away (Bernina 1030), after a 5 year break I'm back to quilting and oh my Lord i am buried under a ton of projects! each of the kids wanted one I had been saving fabric for a purple and white quilt (grandma's fan) as well as a yellow and white one (flying geese), i started all of these within a week, then the boyfriend wanted me to make a crown royal quilt (out of his bags he had saved) as well as one for his mom. Now Grandma is hinting about a lap quilt for her.

I've only been back for a month and i have finished the kids' quilts (they helped) and started 4 more I have also developed a folder of some amazing treasures i have found here that are screaming to be made.
As quilter's do we ever get caught up?
I love your avatar, it is so true but then no one is perfect.

Don't get stressed out about the number and how fast .you have to get them done. Enjoy the creative journey and grow new skills with each one. That is what makes the quilting journey so wonderful and fullfilling. It will give you pleasure all your life. Good luck and Merry Christmas. ( I have 6 children and 17 grandchildren and 1 Great grandchild and they all have quilts, one at a time.)