Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buried in projects! >

Buried in projects!

Buried in projects!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:43 AM

Heavens no. I have a large quilt started for my guest room. Several Raggedy Ann quilts for quilts for kids. A couple of Bow Tucks bags and there are several projects I want to start. There is just not enough time in the day.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by kbs
I didn't know we had to get caught up!!
:lol: I'm with you...We don't have to get caught up. There is no such thing!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:48 AM

I'm sure not caught up, due to frustrations with the Juki I'm using that keeps breaking thread and I have changed thread to different thread with same results. I took it apart last night, cleaned it so going to try again. Good thing the quilt I was working on is a charity quilt, lol.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:48 AM

So, does that mean if we never catch up, we'll never die? I sure hope so. I have a lot of work I want to do -- and reading. Can that work with books we want to read? If we stack up books, the Lord won't take us until we finish all of them? My stack never decreases. I read one and then buy two.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 AM

No, never! And thats the fun of it!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 AM

I know the feeling Karma - I started out making quilts in memory of my mom who'd have made each of her grandchildren a quilt for their wedding, and she died before getting that done - so me being the only quilter in the family have taken it upon myself to give each a quilt in Mom's memory!

OK - then as fast as they marry, there are babies, so I've decided to make each baby a quilt - and then of course I have two sisters, a son and daughter-in-law in the audience saying ME TOO. So, when all is said and done, I'll have made 15 quilts and have 3 completely finished, with 2 more started, and the baby quilts need to be done too - more babies on the way or already here! My machine was down for 6 months last year, so no sewing at all - till they could get a part for it - no local Singer dealers around so I took it to a shop that repairs and cleans Husquavara and Viking I believe it is, and well, I think it got put on the back shelf, wishing I'd buy a new one - well, to me it is new - only being 4 years old, and being an embroidery machine too, not ready to invest more money in a new one - so NOW I'm ready to begin - again!

I know the feeling of being overwhelmed - and I could go into the outsiders also wanting quilts - wow! I didn't know quilts could get so popular all of a sudden.. till I started!

Have fun, and take your time - in time you'll have all done and you'll be stockpiling quilts.. i'll never stop quilting - but to get each one their first quilt seems to be the biggest hurdle!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:20 AM

Caught up?? Oh is there such a thing??
LOL.... I think as quilters- No we will never be caught up. Their is always going to be that one more want.. need.. am going to do....will you.. (add more as they apply)quilt to be pieced, calling us, mastered and made.
Thank goodness... What would we ever do if there wasn't??
I don't want to know, I'm lovin' it.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 AM

Personally, I love the fact that quilters never catch up! I am continuously amazed at the new projects and techniques as well as new interpretations of the old classics. I think it keeps us young!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 AM

Just mailed nine quilts finished for Christmas (for grandchildren) and waiting for me are two quilts cut and ready to put together, quilt for customer, fabric for four quilts for DD's and several projects waiting to be finished. If I ever get caught up then it's time to stop quilting. WOW, love it, love it, love it!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 AM

I was caught up and then...well took on a few more projects. It is one of those things were you find the right fabric and want to sew it right away.