Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: But I don't WANT to build a stash...is that "going against the grain?"

Blog Entries
    I donated several lots the other day to the local quilt guild for cuddle quilts. They like a stash!

In the barn when possible otherwise sewing.
    I started a scrap quilt to use up my meager stash, (its been sitting here for 8 years) and found I don't have enough to finish and bought some clearance fabric to add to my stash. My stash is only a few fabrics that I can fit in one hand. But I am loving the quilt I am making with it, so I am glad I had some to start this quilt.

PS..I love this thread. Its made me smile at all the funnies.

I have a friend who finishes every quilt she starts and has NO stash as she gives her left over fabric to her quilt guild. She mostly does kits. She never buys fabric "just because." She will go with us to the LQS and have a blast but unless there is a kit she wants, she does not purchase anything and it is not a money issue. I love her dearly but I am not so sure she is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
    I have a friend who keeps no scraps and does not have a stash. She works on 1 item at a time and then gives the scraps away. Always starts with a clean slate.
    I thought that I would sell my stash this year and then only buy for a specific project. But in checking through my stash, which is not large compared to some I have seen here, I couldn't decide on which ones I could part with. Maybe if I did that I wouldn't have any UFOs. I'm 66 and I know I will never use all the fabric in my stash. And I couldn't think of anything I wanted to buy with the money I'd make except more fabric! What's a "girl" to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
    Yeah, I can see where THIS is going...

Maybe I was a little "premature" in thinking that I don't want or need a stash...

Maybe...just maybe (Click Me)
    I clicked. Buy a yard of each and you've got a good start on your purples for your stash.

I no longer go to the quilt shop sale as the ones near me are now gone. I do appreciate my stash as the fabric quality is better then what they are selling now. I inherited a good portion of my stash when my sister passed and have sold some, but am finding it harder to let go of the quality fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
    Yeah, I can see where THIS is going...

Maybe I was a little "premature" in thinking that I don't want or need a stash...

Maybe...just maybe (Click Me)
    Drool worth fabric there.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4