Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buy from board >

Buy from board

Buy from board

Old 05-19-2014, 06:18 AM

Default Buy from board

Fabric offered.......comments.......quality?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:25 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

What I've bought has always been LQS quality and I've been very happy with my purchases. You should give it a try. You get such great deals.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 AM

I've purchased from a few people and have been peased with my purchases. Only time I wasn't was my fault for not asking a question about it. Everybody I bought from was good about working with me and answering my questions. Including getting more or better pictures for me to see.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

If you mean the classifieds section of the board, you're not buying from the board. You're buying from individual members of the board. Fabric can be of any quality at all, and it is up to the seller to describe it, up to you to ask questions if you have any.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:53 AM

I have never had a bad experience with the purchases I have made from board members. The fabric has been wonderful and is at a great price.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:53 PM

Thanks for input on purchasing fab from individuals on board.....all was positive...I was just looking at some of the yard ages offered and it is coming from some huge stashes........now my question to me is do I really need it.....and the answer......OF COURSE!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
If you mean the classifieds section of the board, you're not buying from the board. You're buying from individual members of the board. Fabric can be of any quality at all, and it is up to the seller to describe it, up to you to ask questions if you have any.
Yes, you need to send the seller a PM asking any questions so that they are able to give you the answers you are seeking.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:49 PM

If in doubt ask, never had a problem with anyone not answering my questions! Alot of my stash comes from qb members!! :-)
Old 05-19-2014, 04:56 PM

With one exception, I've always been pleased with my purchases. Years ago, there was somebody selling who never filled orders, and there were several of them. A moderator got involved, there was an explanation of a sick family member,then car troubles, and so on. She'd run the same scam on another forum. To my knowledge, nobody got their money back and the person was banned. Those types of experiences are few and far between, I'm sure.

The items I've purchased were specific brand fabrics, not labeled simply "LQS quality." There are scads of threads about big box fabrics being the same as LQS fabrics; if a seller is of that mind (and everyone is entitled to their opinion), then they could be selling just about anything.

If the price is right and that's okay for you, give it a whirl. Or ask before buying if, should you not be pleased, if they would allow you to return it. My guess is that most people would be okay with that, but you'd lose on shipping costs both ways, as well as possibly having to wait on having money refunded.

Personally, I'd rather just buy those that are brands I am familiar with.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:43 PM

I have bought most of my stash from people on this board. Only one time did I get fabric that I thought was inferior cotton fabric. The rest is good quality cotton quilting fabric. I buy from a few select sellers whom i trust to sell quality goods.