Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying fabric online.... >

Buying fabric online....

Buying fabric online....

Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 PM

Connecting Threads and Thousands of Bolts I've heard of....all good that I heard too. I recently bought from my first online store too. I really liked the price as I got it on sale for 3.99 a yard. The quality was amazing and the shipping wasn't too horrible. Everyone else is right, pay attention to the shipping rates. I was very pleased with my fabric and the service I got.

www.bearpawquilting.com

Melissa
Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 PM

Connecting Threads and Thousands of Bolts I've heard of....all good that I heard too. I recently bought from my first online store too. I really liked the price as I got it on sale for 3.99 a yard. The quality was amazing and the shipping wasn't too horrible. Everyone else is right, pay attention to the shipping rates. I was very pleased with my fabric and the service I got.

www.bearpawquilting.com

Melissa
Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 PM

i've mostly stayed with webstores i know, but sometimes when you place an order, the fabrics you choose are meant to co-ordinate. if they run out of one, they will automatically send the other, even if you don't want it by itself. it's always best to make that clear in the comment box or by email or phone.
also, always ask if this is the end-of-bolt. if it is, you can often get it for less. if you buy a lot (over $50 - $100 depending on the store) they will drop the shipping charges. if they don't advertise that, ask. they mostly will.

they are almost all friendly and cooperative and helpful. if you find one that isn't, lose them. there are too many others that are wonderful.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:13 PM

I buy almost all my fabrics online, but I am on an extreme budget. I usually buy from www.NixieChicks.com. They have a small selection but great prices, and their marbles are only $3.99 yd. They have free shipping for orders over $25. This is a mother/daughter enterprise and they are just fantastic about their shipping, etc. I always receive my order within 2-3 days of ordering.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:17 PM

When I buy my fabric online, I generally go to a well know name site & look at theirs. You can generally find a good sale. I have bought on eBay if it's something that I just can't find otherwise. So far, I have had very good luck. Hope you do too.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
http://www.thecozyewe.com

they are getting rid of all the fabric and keeping their yarn. today is the last day. check just in case. there is a wholesaler coming on the 15th to buy up everything left over.

i believe everything is an additional something off. it should be 40% off the black price. if you have all-over calling, call and ask to see what's left before it's all gone.

i spent $128.00+. that's 60% off what it would have been, which was originally lower price than msr.
sorry. today, the 15th, is the lsat day. the buy-out man is coming today.

i'm in nj so they are three hours behind me. please don't let this one go by without looking at the fabrics.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:14 AM

they are getting rid of all the fabric and keeping their yarn. today is the last day. check just in case. there is a wholesaler coming on the 15th to buy up everything left over.

i believe everything is an additional something off. it should be 40% off the black price. if you have all-over calling, call and ask to see what's left before it's all gone.

i spent $128.00+. that's 60% off what it would have been, which was originally lower price than msr.

i'm in nj so they are three hours behind me. please don't let this one go by without looking at the fabrics.
Thanks all. I am checking the website right now!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:34 AM

I haven't done a lot of online fabric shopping but recently got some great fabric from Fabric Shack. It was to match some fat quarters that I picked up a while back and could never find anything to go with it. They had the same line of fabric at a good price so now I have what I need for borders and backing. Choosing specific colors is a problem unless you're buying from a matching line.

I've got some good stuff on Ebay but also some not so good. You never know. I've got jelly rolls and charm squares but you can't really tell what you're getting even pattern and colorwise because the pictures are a "representation of the type of fabrics" included. They'll work for the scrappy quilts I've planned. Now I'm sticking to stores that are recommended on the various forums I frequent.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by candi

Thanks all. I am checking the website right now!

Well, I have just officaly made my first fabric online purchase! This was a great deal, and I was wanting many of the colors of fabrics they have. I hope it is good quality. Can't wait to get my stuff!!! :D Thanks butterflywing.
And thanks all for the great suggestions, they are all bookmarked.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 AM

i don't think you'll be dissapointed. and did you notice that when you buy online there is no sales tax?

i recognize some of that fabric and i originally passed on it at other websites because it's against my beliefs to spend retail. for anything. this was so much lower that i had to buy. also i live in new jersey, the clearance capital of the western world. that encourages me to be even more frugal.

please let me know if you're happy with your purchase.