Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying fabric online >

Buying fabric online

Buying fabric online

Old 03-08-2014, 09:37 PM

I have purchased from some of the shops listed here; and have checked out some sales by shops online that have been posted here on the board by members.
I usually try to do the fabshophop.com and have been awarded a $10 gift certificate a number of times from participating shops, and a couple of times I've won some free fabric. And each week their list of shops will highlight ones that are having sales or specials. there are hints on most if not all sites to find the bunny, and usually it is pretty quick. Worth a try for a prize.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:58 PM

I'm always looking for something specific. I usually go to eQuilter.com They have a wonderful variety and they have great sales. I've also shopped at Fabric.com
I've been very happy with purchases from both. I have also shopped at BlueBamboo and like their fabrics and service also.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:20 AM

I buy 99% of my fabric online as well. I buy from Fabric Shack, Whittle's, Over the Rainbow, Stitch N Frame, Thousands of Bolts, The Spider's Web, Quilt Fabric Closeouts, Quilts R Jewells, and occasionally 5 Bucks a Yard. I only use quilt shop quality fabric-never big box store fabric like JoAnn's or Hancock's (not the Paducah one). However, I won't pay more than $5-$7 a yard, so I look for clearance or sale fabric always.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:29 AM

www.thestitchingpostquilts.com

Great service and friendly.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:00 PM

I usually start with quiltshops.com and go from there. I also like Fabric Shack out of IN.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:14 PM

Connecting Treads, Fabric Depot and Hanncocks of Paducah. Fabric Depot have cut small cuts for me and their friendly and prompt service has been terrific to Australia.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 AM

Hello from another single Mom. I've been single since my babies were a year old. They're now 13 (twins). I had to give up quilting until last year due to being busy (and scrapbooking).

BTW- My favorite online shop is Connecting Threads. I've ordered from MSQC when I fancy the daily deal, then I'll order more goodies from them...

I get the emails from Fat Quarter shop and Green Fairy, bu t have never ordered from them.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:42 AM

My main go-to is thousandsofbolts.com not only for their great prices and fast, reasonable shipping, but I love, love their design wall that permits me to see how if fabric choices are going to be good players. Also, I've never received a short cut.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:58 AM

I second what GingerK said about Fabshophop.com! When I was just starting out & wanted to build my stash, I would check the odds'n'ends or remnants sections for each shop. I found some interesting batiks in odd amounts, but that will work when cut into 5" or 2.5" strips. Also, some shops sell charm packs or layer cakes of lines that are discontinued at a discount. You might also get on the email list for Missouri Star Quilt for their daily specials. Sometimes they have charm packs for $1 or $2 as a daily special! Lots of great places to shop for fabrics online. Oh, also try 4my3boys. They sell FQs for $1, but if you order more than one they will cut them as yardage!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 PM

SOFI is the online wholesale fabric supplier and they provides fabric at Discounted price. You can contact them via offical website of Sofi Sourceoffabric.com