Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying on-line >

Buying on-line

Buying on-line

Old 01-07-2010, 11:07 AM

I have gotten a lot of fabrics from thousands of bolts. I have always gotten good stuff from them. Once got crappy fabric from fabric.com and they fixed it immediately. Ebay has a seller called Crows nest - just got a large order from them.
Judi in Ohio
My fav is fabricshack.com
Judi in Ohio
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
I made my first order from thousand bolts early Monday morning. Wanted to take advantage of their sale.
I got a call from them this morning about the order.
I had ordered 12 yards of a fabric it said they had 24 yards left.
The gentleman I talked to said they only had two 10 yard pieces and would it be ok to get two pieces instead of one continous 12 yard piece. It was fine with me for what I need. He also said one other fabric piece that I ordered a yard only ended up at 32 inches and did I want that or to cancel that. I took the 32 inches because I didn't need a specific amount. He said they'd only charge me for 1/2 yard.

What sale at tob????
Judi

I'm sure they were swamped with that sale and I was delighted he took the time to call instead of just assuming what I needed.
Great customer service! They also will ship in a flat rate box so that saves me on shipping and the order will go out today!
I'm sure I will deal with them again.
I can't tell the quality of the fabric yet but I'm sure the name brands will be fine.

:-D
Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM

I have used Fat Quarter Shop (they sell everything, not just fat quarters) Hancocks of Paducah, The Virginia Quilter, and eQuilter.com and have been happy with all of them. I emailed Fat Quarter shop once to ask if a fabric background was white or off-white. Not only did they e-mail back that it was off-white, but suggested one with a white background that was exactly what I wanted. Another time I was looking for fabric that had not been released yet and eQuilter.com emailed me back to tell me when it would be available and then emailed me the day before the release so I wouldn't forget to order. Great customer service and great fabric from both.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 AM

I buy from Connecting Threads. have always been satified. Will have to look at thousand bolts.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
I have bought from several places and am very happy with them. A couple even sent my fabric before the money order got there. I was impressed.

They are
Craft Connection
Ann's Crafts in New Hampshire
Over the Rainbow in Washington state
Always Open Quilt Shop in Wisconsin
Wish Upon a Quilt in North Carolina

It is so much fun shopping on the computer. All I have to do is send out a check and wait for a package with my name on it. And we all LOVE getting packages. :thumbup:
Sis, you ordered more fabric? what did you get me???
Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM

As long as we are talking about buying fabric online, where do you all buy thread online? same places?
Sarah in CA

Originally Posted by Crlyn
I never have bought fabric on-line, but I was looking at the fabric's on Thousands of Bolts, can anyone tell me if they have bought from them and the quality...........or tell me some of your favourite online stores.

We don't have too much of a choice where I live in Australia, and our pricing is pretty drastic, and I would like to think I was getting quality!

Thanks in advance. :-)
Old 01-07-2010, 06:03 PM

I have been buying from www.equilter.com and www.keepsakequilting .com for years. Equilter doesn't have a catalog but their website is very good with large images of the fabrics and a design board so you can see your choices side by side. Their color reproduction is excellent.They have a vast selection, and their service is great.

Keepsake quilting has a wonderful catalog. They too have accurate color reproduction and their fabric medleys are great. Very good service too.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 PM

This place is fantastic:

http://www.quilterstudio.com/
and this one: http://www.hayloftfabrics.com/

and if you're interested in dealing within the commonwealth this is my favorite Canadian mail order: http://www.canadianquiltshop.com/
Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM

I have bought thread from Superior thread Co. they are in Utah and also go to shows.
Shoppers rule I have also gotten thread,accucut-go dies,thread heavens all sorts of things. it is like a barter system you make them a offer and they will get back to you if they will accept yor offer or tell you the least they will take. shoppersrule.com
also I have gotten thread and you name it from Kenssewingcenter.com from Muscle Shoals Al. 1-877-536-7739
They are great help just ask.
Also I have gotten fabric from MaryJos.com in N.C. They will call you if they are out of stock and then if they get it back in they will call and ask if you still want the fabric. They have a good selection of Batiks if you need to find a certain color etc.
Have fun. Kathy kjym
Old 01-08-2010, 02:11 AM

Crlyn, you don't know what you are talking about! (JOKE) You should see the quilt shops in South Africa! Very few! I usually order from America and from www.keepsakequilting.com. They are very supportive and have a fast and secure service. And then there is a lovely website where a also ordered from in NZ. Country Dawn. They are so fast and the packaging is very neat. Go on both websites, you will be surprised. Thanks to everyone for sharing their favourite shops.