Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying on-line >

Buying on-line

Buying on-line

Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

I have had good luck with them too :D:D:D
Old 01-06-2010, 11:33 AM

1000's Of Bolts has great brands, great customer service and right now, great sales... I also have received a phone call from customer service (don't know how they have the time) to inform me the posted online price had been reduced, and I would be receiving either a credit on my Cr Card or a store credit...my choice. WOW talk bout service.!! :)
Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Crlyn
I never have bought fabric on-line, but I was looking at the fabric's on Thousands of Bolts, can anyone tell me if they have bought from them and the quality...........or tell me some of your favourite online stores.

We don't have too much of a choice where I live in Australia, and our pricing is pretty drastic, and I would like to think I was getting quality!

Thanks in advance. :-)
As a fellow Aussie I have so far only bought from Hancocks of Paducah. If you sign up with them they have specials from time to time including free shipping if you spend over $75 US with them, free shipping is usually every 3 months or so.(not that hard to do lol) All the fabric I have received has been great quality and the batting is sooooo much cheaper than here in Australia. If you buy from Thousands of Bolts let us know how you get on, all us international quilters need all the help we can get considering the prices here.
Sue
Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by woody
Originally Posted by Crlyn
I never have bought fabric on-line, but I was looking at the fabric's on Thousands of Bolts, can anyone tell me if they have bought from them and the quality...........or tell me some of your favourite online stores.

We don't have too much of a choice where I live in Australia, and our pricing is pretty drastic, and I would like to think I was getting quality!

Thanks in advance. :-)
As a fellow Aussie I have so far only bought from Hancocks of Paducah. If you sign up with them they have specials from time to time including free shipping if you spend over $75 US with them, free shipping is usually every 3 months or so.(not that hard to do lol) All the fabric I have received has been great quality and the batting is sooooo much cheaper than here in Australia. If you buy from Thousands of Bolts let us know how you get on, all us international quilters need all the help we can get considering the prices here.
Sue
Thank you so much everyone for your help!

Woody, good to hear from someone in Aus to know what you do about fabric buying, will let you know how I go. So much to choose from online........ :thumbup:
Old 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM

I have bought on line and have been very happy with the service of all these companys.
www.thousandofbolts.com
www.quiltfabrccloseout.com
www.beavercreekquilts.com
www.e-fabric.com
www.connectingthreads.com
I have had no problems with any of these stores. They are great and everything comes as ordered.
Since I only have 3 fabric shops within 50 miles this is how I usually by my fabric. kjym Kathy
Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Foothill fabrics has great clearance prices too - you can often buy 5 yds for $12.50!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:31 AM

I just bought from www.jandofabrics.com. This was the first time I had ordered fabric online. Prices were good and low shipping costs. I should be receiving my fabric anytime. I will post once I get it to see the fabric.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 AM

Thousands of Bolts is great! So is Mary Jo's Cloth Store, e-quilter, Keepsake Quilting, Desperate Quilters, Fabric.com and Quilt Shops.Com. Good luck and happy shopping!!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 AM

I personally will neerpurchase fabric from Thousands of Bolts again. Received very poor quality fabric, and have had others tell me they only purchase from "known" manufacturers from this site.

Others that are GREAT in my mind, in addition to Hancocks of Paducah, are:

Web Fabrics
Connecting Threads

Have fun!!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 AM

I personally will never purchase fabric from Thousands of Bolts again. Received very poor quality fabric, and have had others tell me they only purchase from "known" manufacturers from this site.

Others that are GREAT in my mind, in addition to Hancocks of Paducah, are:

Web Fabrics
Connecting Threads

Have fun!!