Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
buying machine help >

buying machine help

buying machine help

Old 04-02-2020, 06:00 AM

Call a local dealer an he can help you with a machine I am a Janome owner hands down and most of them start at $200, and go up Never had a problem with any of them good luck
Old 04-03-2020, 06:07 AM

Juki and Eversewn are both good manufacturers without a lot of advertising. The Eversewn machines are actually designed by Bernina engineers, though built in different factories. They are sold by my local Bernina store too. Just make sure the machine has an adjustable stitch length and width. The presets never seem appropriate to me.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:43 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice. It’s tough to not be able to go in to a store and at least see the machines!

I went with the Eversewn 15. Ordered it from Sewing Machines Plus.
Hoping for a happy outcome!!!
Old 04-04-2020, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
Thanks everyone for your advice. It’s tough to not be able to go in to a store and at least see the machines!

I went with the Eversewn 15. Ordered it from Sewing Machines Plus.
Hoping for a happy outcome!!!

read up on machines on the company websites. Janome does post their MSRP. No one pays...MSRP. Their prices are comparable to similar models/features/size of other mfgrs. The point here is that you can “shop” and compare similar machines knowing that pricing will likely be comparable. If your “budget” is X, you can look at the other models and decide if you want to stretch your budget to buy a more feature rich machine ...: I love my Serpentine stitch for quilting small quilted projects. The stitch is usually in the higher priced machines. Auto cut is another feature I love...same situation. Be informed of the options out in the marketplace. Don’t get caught off guard, bring nots, print out machine models and the features that interest you. Doing some upfront research always helps me determine what I have strong interest in looking at. I do this when I am in the market for new car. It just helps me narrow down my options etc before I check out the models in person. Good luck!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-04-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-04-2020, 04:48 AM

Oops! I just saw that you already ordered your machine! Congrats!, i hear great things about Eversewn!!