Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Call Me Crazy Quilt, my ongoing project for 2024 >

Call Me Crazy Quilt, my ongoing project for 2024

Call Me Crazy Quilt, my ongoing project for 2024

Old 12-03-2023, 07:34 AM

I did the 365 block a day quilt the first year. That got me over my fear of small pieces!
I should dig out my "Nearly insane" project. I've got the book and am doing it so all the blocks (6" finished) have at least 24 pieces to them. There aren't any patterns, just block layout and you have to figure the cutting yourself. I also have a "Dear Jane" in process that I should get back to also.

I really like that "Call my Crazy" quilt. Trying to decide if I want to spend the money.
Old 12-03-2023, 07:39 AM

Looks like an interesting project....I'd have to make the one with sashing or it would be too busy looking for me. Not sure why this has to be paper pieced and why you just can't put different blocks together and turn them ever which way to achive the same effect. Guess I should read the post more closely.
Old 12-03-2023, 08:06 AM

Linda, you can piece it normally, all you have to do is measure the pieces.

I did my dear jane in 98 I think it was, took me 3 months to piece, I was really fired up Didn't finish quilting it for a couple of years. It is in the EQ DJ CD. Making small blocks makes a real piecer out of us. no sewing big and cutting down.

I paid for it because I know Gayle in the internet sense, we made our janes at the same time. She has gone to a LOT of work to break that antique quilt down into this, and being a 3 time cancer sewvivor taught me to love the idea of something to look forward to.
I liked the nearly insance quilt, but didn't do that one.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:22 AM

well 11 weeks in, I'm having so much fun with this. I've used nearly half the fabric I had for it, I may get in trouble before I'm finished, but hey, that's what scrappy is all about.

I'm cutting my sashing and cornerstones at 1" so they don't overwhelm the blocks. and the side triangles have a 3" 'crazy' block in eash one life is good!
Attached Thumbnails call-me-crazy11-blocks-.jpg  
Old 03-22-2024, 06:46 AM

You are an inspiration!!