Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Calling all "Labyrinth" quilters

Calling all "Labyrinth" quilters

I have a question for any of you ladies who might have made the "Labyrinth" quilt, of any size or the wall hanging: How did you quilt it? I have the top of mine almost done, no borders on it yet. I'm very curious as to the best ideas for quilting it. I would love to see pictures of yours and some close-ups of the quilting pattern. Thanks ladies.

Blog Entries
    I did one , sent it out to be quilted. I chose an allover leaf pattern. Will post a picture whenever I get it back.

Are you having fun making it? I thought it was a very fun and easy quilt to put together. Would love to see a picture when your done.

I stitched in the ditch on part of it and then chose a continuous pattern for the larger areas.

Name:  7th Quilt_2.jpg
Views: 1462
Size:  362.8 KB
    Name:  7th Quilt.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  69.6 KB

I am assuming Labyrinth is the name of the pattern? Who is the designer or is this a free pattern? Beautiful quilt in the pics love the pattern!

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I bought the pattern a few back.....for a "one of these days" project.......
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by linbails View Post
    Are you having fun making it? I thought it was a very fun and easy quilt to put together. Would love to see a picture when your done.
    I had planned to do an all over leaf pattern on mine also, but have stress so much about the colors, I had four colors I really love but cannot find two others, so have come to the conclusion I either have to scrap the whole quilt, or drop one of the colors and start over. The scraping of the quilt is winning so far. I really love that pattern, but I refuse to make it with something I don't love.

I also did a queen size, it was quilted with a computerized long arm, using several different celtic knot designs everywhere except the center star that was SID. I had the thread matched to the fabric in all the different areas. I have a pic posted under another thread but it really doesn't show off the quilting. If you really want to see, I'll get some other pics for you - just let me know!

Blog Entries
    Have you seen this Labyrinth Walk quilt: http://store.quiltersqtrs.com/stores...&Item_ID=21122

It's on my make one day list.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    Have you seen this Labyrinth Walk quilt: http://store.quiltersqtrs.com/stores...&Item_ID=21122

It's on my make one day list.
    One of the ladies on this board showed one she did at retreat. I fell in love with it and hope to make one soon.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I realize this pattern is a little old, but does anyone have the pattern to sell? thank you for your help.

i never got the pattern just broke it down to peice. as for the quilting, i day did sid for the two that i made. worked great. post what you haveso far.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

I just finished a Labyrinth in blue for DSIL and have booked the Gammill at my LQS to quilt it. I spoke to one of the shop tutors and she recommends a stipple or similar curvy effect as she thinks this will compliment the angles and give a nice flow. I must admit to being the 'Stipple Queen', lol - but I have been practising and have managed some (odd-shaped) feathers and even a dragonfly. I don't think I'll be good enough by a week on Friday!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

here's my quilting.
    You can't see much of it on the picture from the front of the quilt.
    The backside shows it better but then you can't see the block, but hope it helps.
    Name:  tl5.png
Views: 189
Size:  1.47 MB
    Name:  DSCN1856.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  448.0 KB
    greetz, fien
    http://quiltfien.blogspot.com/

The pattern is one by DebbievMaddy. Just Google her name and her site will come up.

Blog Entries
    here's a 'Christmas-sy' one -- i don't know how well the quilting shows up in the picture-but the (background) is a large stipple-

Name:  close up quilted janes.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  919.4 KB
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I'm in process of quilting mine. I am using a feather design on each section. For instance, in the one above that is "chrismasy" colors, one set of feathers in the red, one in the gold and one in the white. They have to stop where the color "goes under" the adjoining color in order to not take away from the quilt design.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.