Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can anyone HELP with this pattern please >

Can anyone HELP with this pattern please

Can anyone HELP with this pattern please

Old 11-14-2014, 05:27 PM

I saw Mary fons making this quilt a few weeks ago. Go to their website. I believe it will be in the 2400 series.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:48 PM

Looks interesting!
Old 11-15-2014, 04:32 AM

there are so many Buggy Barn patterns do this I've made several I love the basket one. There is the Fat Quarter Shuffle. And once you make one - you will see how easy it is to make up your own pattern You will fall in love the freezer paper!! Have fun.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:52 AM

Default Have the answer!!

Originally Posted by newjeepgreen View Post
Years ago at a class I did a quilt which comprised of squares laid on top of each other and then cut in about 5 or 6 different directions. When the first cut was made through all fabrics the top fabric from just one section was put to the bottom of the pile and (I can't remember if the bottom one was brought to the top) then the second cut was made and removed to the bottom. Whenever the squares were all cut it meant that you didn't have any of the same fabrics repeated in the squares. This is hard to explain and I hope someone will know what I mean. The teacher who did this pattern has moved to another country so I cannot get in touch with her. Something tells me the name was Magic something but I cannot find it anywhere. Thank you in anticipation.
The "PROCESS" you are describing fits all of the "BUGGY BARN" patterns - and there are several .....stars, crazy quilt blocks, etc....

These are really fun to do
Old 11-15-2014, 06:46 AM

I made a Stack 'n Whack with 16 inch squares (we all started with fat quarters in the class) stack them and cut across in a line which was never from corner to corner. After all are cut at the same spot move one piece of top one to bottom and continue as many before me have responded. This was the first Stack n Whack that I had encountered. Now, I believe, the name is used for more intricate patterns.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:07 PM

When I made this pattern, it was called Stack and Whack. We used 9 fabrics and it made 9 blocks. It was also my first ever quilt to make. It didn't have the "leading".
I have the directions at home in New York but am visiting in Ohio right now. Sorry I can't get it for you before Weds. when I get home. Here is a photo of the one I made. I changed up the fabric just a bit in each set of 9 blocks till I had enough for my top, and I made it into a bedspread.
Sounds like you are getting lots of help tho. Hugs and smiles
Attached Thumbnails bedspread.jpg  
Old 11-15-2014, 03:32 PM

I think you may be looking for the stack and whack patterns
Old 11-15-2014, 03:58 PM

To yadroc:-
Great looking quilt. Love the colours.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:14 PM

It's also in a book titled "Stack the Deck". I forget the author but you can probably Google it.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:52 AM

There are many variations as you can tell from the great responses. Here are two made from the same pattern - it is Syncopated Rhythm and it starts with a non regular hexagon (sides are not the same length which results in the angles at the edge not being the same). In this quilt - the fabric squares were grouped according to color family - then the resulting color family blocks were placed on the same diagonal.[ATTACH=CONFIG]498974[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]498975[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails brightlapquilt.jpg   timsquilt_2sm.jpg