Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I piece the back, too? >

Can I piece the back, too?

Can I piece the back, too?

Old 12-06-2017, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
That is a really cool quilt. Are the stripes on the back pieced? If so, how wide were they?
The back is left over pieces from the front. The narrow strips were extra from the front. I think they were 1 1/2" wide cut.

I gave this quilt to a good friend of mine. It was a really hard one to give away. This was the first time I had done that pattern and I loved both the front and the back of it!
Old 12-08-2017, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
The back is left over pieces from the front. The narrow strips were extra from the front. I think they were 1 1/2" wide cut.

I gave this quilt to a good friend of mine. It was a really hard one to give away. This was the first time I had done that pattern and I loved both the front and the back of it!
Since its a good friend, at least you can go visit it if you want to. "Hi, can I come visit your quilt? It doesn't have to come out to play, I just wanted to say hi." Hehe.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
Since its a good friend, at least you can go visit it if you want to. "Hi, can I come visit your quilt? It doesn't have to come out to play, I just wanted to say hi." Hehe.
How true!!
Old 12-10-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
mengler, love your quilt, just wish I would have seen this before I made a graduation quilt last year. Both sides look very nice.
Thanks farmquilter. It was my first t shirt quilt. The sewing and quilting wasn’t complicated but I spent a lot of time planning. I snipped pieces from each shirt and stapled it to graph paper. I’m no artist but it was a handy guide as I assembled the quilt front. I considered my husband’s input for block order. He was fussy about that. Taking a Pate is another way of keeping track of block order. I numbered each shirt and put the numbers on the graph paper. The shirts were all similar and I didn’t want to rely on my memory. God forbid 🤩.