Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
can you believe it? >

can you believe it?

can you believe it?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Thank you. It's a Quilt in a Day Pattern and it was kind of hard. If you look close you can see that my blocks don't line up well- it's all the angles. but i have done a few quilts since then, so i hope that my next one is better. I fell in live with the border fabric and went from there. it's the back also.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 PM

OMG sewmom -- don't beat yourself up so much! That is a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!! I love it. I would love to have it in my house! :D :D
Old 01-08-2010, 01:54 PM
cjc

Isn't that pattern great. I always lose pieces, then cut another, and after I get it sewn together, find the lost piece.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:08 PM

Hey Sewmom...Beautiful quilt!!!cute cat quilt inspector! :lol:

Ditter
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 PM

my cats could be on a different floor and as soon as i put a quilt on the floor to baste or photograph-there they are! it's like it's calling them! glad to have their approval and all of you are very complimentary. thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris
Do you have any little, furry sewing "helpers"? I've heard more than once on this board that sewers had their little "helpers" borrow a couple of pieces and stash them!!

Sue
you know my helpers are everywhere!!!! and those gremlins...im not so sure they don't pose as my little "helpers"... i have to have a lint roller right next to my fabric at all times!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by sylslight
so here i am working on my froggy blanket...just got to the last two block to sew the last piece of the blocks togther before ironing and piecing and wouldnt you know it?!?! i am exactly two pieces short. i will still have enough blocks to make my blanket but i was soooo sure i counted properly! it's pretty funny when i think about it and the is no way i am going to the store to hopefully find more fabric...this is from my stash. what a wonderful world i live in where nothing goes right...but i am going to make lemonade anyway! ok, im done laughing and venting at the same time!!!! :roll:
There's a trick you can do that will help. If you only need a small amount of fabric, scan the fabric into your computer and then print it out on the fabric sheets that are printer friendly. If you need a lot of fabric this isn't very cost effective but when you only need a little bit it can really be a lifesaver!!!
that is genius... i would never have thought of that in a million years...but i am printing it for my "studio" bulletin board so i never forget it.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
I was making this Tennesse Waltz quilt and was 1/2 inch short of fabric for the last two snowball blocks( b/c i had cut the first block strip generous like Fons and Porter do and then trim the edge to get a clean cut) i spent hours searching the internet and calling LQS on the phone. I could find the other fabrics in that line, but not the right color. ( I had purchased the fabric months earlier). i finally pieced the center of the snowball block and continued. this quilt is disappointing because i had to piece tha backing too and piecing is off. Ive decided to keep it for myself as i love the fabric and the quilting. I would like to make another TW quilt to see if my piecing is better now.
You're right, very disappointing. I think you should send it to me so that you don't have to look at it and be reminded!! :wink:
Old 01-09-2010, 05:29 AM

The quilt is beautiful!
Have you seen quilts in magazines and noticed the seams don't match? I have. The important thing is it is finished and you can enjoy it. :)
Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
The quilt is beautiful!
Have you seen quilts in magazines and noticed the seams don't match? I have. The important thing is it is finished and you can enjoy it. :)
I sure have. And when I notice that, I don't bother with the pattern or I find I have to redraft it. I think it's sad that in an effort to shove out more quilts and magazines the editor and those in charge have lowered their standards. I'd rather have a magazine with a few high quality and well made quilts in it then a magazine shoved full of patterns with quilts that are not well made. JMO