Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you ever have too many pincushions??

I love pin cushions, but not to use as pin cushions. I just like to make them and sit them around to bring a smile when I'm feeling down.

Quote Originally Posted by doowopddbop
    Recently, two of the guilds I attend had pincushion exchanges. I think everyone should have a basketful of pincushions in their sewing room. Man, there are some adorable pincushions out there! And now my personal stash of pincushions has grown since I took the photo...they keep multiplying...

Show me your pincushions! What's your favorite?

Love the little Owl I made yesterday from a pattern HERE: http://moonstitches.typepad.com/phot...ial/index.html
    So great! As much as I need a pincushion, I am really lame in making one. I can see how easy it is and soon must make a new one for myself. I am still using the red tomato pincushion I got from junior high some 50 years ago....it has sawdust inside and starting to fall apart. Gotta get my rear in gear and make a new one....or two.

Too cute! Love them but haven't made any. Did make the chicken doorstop, but nothing smaller.

Senior Member Rosie the "Ripper"'s Avatar
    My daughter collects owls so I will definitely make her one. (after I make myself one!) Thanks so much.

I love pincushions too and started making and collecting them severalyears ago. I keep them on shelves above my sewing machine and other places in the sewing room. You have a great collection. I tried to add a picture of mine but don't know how!

Blog Entries
    Recently, two of the guilds I attend had pincushion exchanges. I think everyone should have a basketful of pincushions in their sewing room. Man, there are some adorable pincushions out there! And now my personal stash of pincushions has grown since I took the photo...they keep multiplying...

Love the little Owl I made yesterday from a pattern HERE: http://moonstitches.typepad.com/phot...ial/index.html
    Are there directions for the owl or just the template?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    Is that an elephant in the first picture, did you make it. Do you remember where you found the directions? My hubby loves elephants.
    :P I too love elephants. Funny about the post on my list today is the making of a pincushion. Would love to make the elephant. jeaninmaine your hubby has good taste (he picked you , right) BrendaK

OK here's the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can never have too many! I display mine on a shelf on top of antique spools.

Thanks for the link! Love the collections.

A friend gave me one made from a little thimble and put a brooch pin to wear it. Cute Cute Cute Not techey enough to
    put a picture of it on the site. Sorry

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
    Wow - you have quite a wonderful collection. How long have you been collecting? I love the little owl and the teapot amazes me. Gotta try that one! My SIL collects them too. She is a retired Home Economics teacher and she also bakes fancy cakes, so for her BD I made her a little cake on a pedestal pincushion that she loves. My DH and i found the glass pedestal at an antique barn. I sewed a cylinder in white satin, filled it with saw dust, and embellished it with ribbonwork, then attached it to the pedestal. A fun project!
    Oh, Buzzin' Bumble, your fancy cake pincushion is delicious enough to take a bite! So clever!

Great pincushions! My Mom will absoulutely love that owl!

Senior Member Rosie the "Ripper"'s Avatar
    I am glad to know that there are others who do not know how to post a reply and a photo. Is there someone out there who can tell us how to do it in a "simple to understand" way?? This may be asking too much to do here but I will try. Thanks

My pins think they live on the table, on the floor, on the arm of my chair... I use the magnetic ones, or at least I try to! I do love your pin cushions though, they would make great gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
    I am glad to know that there are others who do not know how to post a reply and a photo. Is there someone out there who can tell us how to do it in a "simple to understand" way?? This may be asking too much to do here but I will try. Thanks
    My problem was that the Browse button wasn't there for me to put the pic in. Go to the group info and it will tell you how to post a picture.

love your little owl-you really upgraded that basic pattern!!
    the rest are fabulous too :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    oh the cake!! pretty! and I don't think we can collect enough pin ciushions anyway!

Blog Entries
    Only use the magnetic kind, but your collection is cute.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    i have one. that darn tomato. I love birds so I may have to make a few owls. I don't have a sewing room so a basket of pincushions would just be clutter unfortunatly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joysewer
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
    My problem was that the Browse button wasn't there for me to put the pic in. Go to the group info and it will tell you how to post a picture.
    Using the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page doesn't allow you to post pictures, unless you go back to your post and edit -- adding attachments.

Most cameras will give you a picture that is HUGE, so you need to learn how to cut the pic down with an editing software such as Photoshop or you can use Windows' cheapie and save it as a JPEG extension, so it doesn't take up so much room.

You need to hit REPLY on someone elses post and then the box will come up so you can BROWSE and then ADD the file attachment. You can add your own words in the first box.

Don't use PREVIEW, it won't work for the pics. Just ADD the FILE and hit the SEND button.

I have two, one is a chicken my mother-in-law gave me many years ago and the other is the one that's round and has thread around the edges that my mother made, also many years ago. Both very cherished.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie

Are there directions for the owl or just the template?
    After you enter the gallery and see the template, look in the upper left corner, it has "next" keep clicking there to see the next step on how to assemble the owl.

Love the owl! Thanks for the link.

Banned
    Holy moly, that's a lot of pincushions! Makes my single little pincushion look a little sad :)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast