Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can you help me identify these feet? >

Can you help me identify these feet?

Can you help me identify these feet?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by laughingquilter
OMG - I think I need a nap! I read the title of this topic "Can you help me identify these feet?" - and I thought I was going to open it up to pictures of different animal feet.........

I've been working on a Judy Neimeyer (sp?) PP quilt and I thought I was losing my mind......now I KNOW I am!!! :shock:
My mind must still be back at my nap I just woke up from because I thought the same thing. LOL.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM

the middle one is also called a narrow hemmer....and I love that foot! The funny thing is that the one that came with my 55 year old Singer, fits my Viking and I like it better than the one Viking sells.......for an exorbitant price, I might add. Several of the feet I have are interchangeable with the 2 machines....figure it. I guess because both are low shank and there have not been many changes in the construction or design.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 AM

I am not sure but the last one could be a cording foot.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 AM

Irishrose is right.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
You have a seam quide, a rolled hemmer, a darning foot and a thumbscrew. If you don't want them, let me know.
Irish rose is right. Thats what you have
Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 PM

Ok without reading 4 pgs of posts, here they are left to right. Seam guide and screw, the guide is attached to the bed of the machine via screw into hole the long slotis for making adjustment in the position of the rolled bar(open side down plese) so that you can guide your fabric along the edge at the distance from the needle you desire. the next in line is a foot hemmer, bu inserting a small folded edge into curled slot it will automatically fashion a small hem on the edge put through the slot. The one on the far right is the freemotion/darning foot, usually used with feed dogs down or a feed dog cover plate depending on the machine, hope this helps. If you want pix of how foot hemmer works pm me please.:)
Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bakermom
Could the one on the left be some type of seam guide?
Exactly! Only it appears to be missing a connecting screw which you may be able to find or will have to buy. I have one from my old Kenmore that fits on my Pfaff but not my Brother machine. I just bought one for the Brother and it cost $16 plus shipping - but they are sooooo handy. :-)

Marysewfun
Old 04-29-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by bakermom
Could the one on the left be some type of seam guide?
I think that's what that one is also. Use it with the lg screw. would work great with a featherweight!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:49 PM

I have a few feet that I have collected - a couple of old machines went kaput!! and had snap-on feet - so I took the feet and the shank connector off and use them on my newer machines as well. As somebody else said - some of those old feet work as well or better than the new stuff you pay crazy prices for now - just be careful when you are trying them on a newer machine that the needle clears in the foot, etc.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:50 PM

I have a few feet that I have collected - a couple of old machines went kaput!! and had snap-on feet - so I took the feet and the shank connector off and use them on my newer machines as well. As somebody else said - some of those old feet work as well or better than the new stuff you pay crazy prices for now - just be careful when you are trying them on a newer machine that the needle clears in the foot, etc.