Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy Bar Cuts?

Blog Entries
    I just came across these in Moda's Bake Shop.
    I am a bit confused though, are these 2 1/2" X 5" cuts?

Blog Entries
    I just googled and yes they are 2 1/2 x 5 inches, what will they come up with next???

http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...54&Parent_Ids=

Blog Entries
    You are correct. Their new packages have 40 pieces of 2 1/2" x 5".

Blog Entries
    WOW!! I guess pretty soon rotary cutters will only be used for borders and backing :lol::lol:

I saw those too. What will they come up with next.

gumballs?

So funny! How about donuts? They could be Dresdan shaped and we could put yoyos in the centers made of 'cookies'.

I have even purchased bindings all ready made up ready to sew on! I bought it for a great price, bright colors and B/W checks - figured I can always use the B/W and even combine it with the brights for a child's quilt or bright colored project.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    gumballs?

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Isn't that such a fun website?? But more fabric that I don't need and on top of it I get hungry :D

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    WOW!! I guess pretty soon rotary cutters will only be used for borders and backing :lol::lol:
    No, they will probably do that for us too! Any way to make a buck. Do they think we are so stupid that we can't cut a 2 1/2 x 5" piece of fabric???

mmmmm......candy bars

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Do they think we are so stupid that we can't cut a 2 1/2 x 5" piece of fabric???
    I don't think that's is a question of "so stupid." I just think that some people would rather have the convenience of having things cut and ready to go. Also, some people have problems with their hands and can't cut all that fabric. Arthritis is a big issue with us old folk. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Do they think we are so stupid that we can't cut a 2 1/2 x 5" piece of fabric???
    I don't think that's is a question of "so stupid." I just think that some people would rather have the convenience of having things cut and ready to go. Also, some people have problems with their hands and can't cut all that fabric. Arthritis is a big issue with us old folk. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I realize that, That is why I have Altos Quilt cut. I have BAD hands and not a problem when cutting with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
    mmmmm......candy bars
    I agree Mary

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Isn't that such a fun website?? But more fabric that I don't need and on top of it I get hungry :D
    ROFL

I don't think it's a question of them thinking we are stupid. I think it's good marketing on their part. For health reasons, some of us have difficulty cutting and for convenience sake for us that work these precut pieces can prove to be a real timesaver. Even for those who don't work - a precut pack would allow a person to whip up a quilt in no time.

Blog Entries
    I like pre cuts but I'm trying to get away from buying so many. Even the alto would be difficult for me as the problem I have is holding onto my cutter and keeping it up against the side of the ruler. Holding the ruler down is the least of my (many) issues.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I have no problems cutting and I still buy pre-cuts and I know I'm not stupid.. Its a time saver so I can spend more time with my little girl..Sounds pretty smart to me..

But it's scary. Soon they won't need us to sew the pcs together !! LOL

Actually, being in the middle of carpal tunnel surgery, right hand two weeks ago, left hand this week, I can tell you that those charm pks, and all the rest of the pre-cuts are indeed a wonderful help to those of us who would be at a loss were it not for them.

I'm still considering an Accuquilt fabric cutter for that very reason. But the other day I tried one out and geez it's tough to crank that handle. I don't know, I think I might stick with the good old rotary wheel and mat for the time being. I'm following the information on this forum from the users of this product. If any of you have any information about this item, check out the topic on this forum - I'd sure be interested in your stories. Thanks.

RST
    Blog Entries
    To me, the appeal of the precuts is not avoiding cutting so much as having a wide selection of different fabrics, without having to purchase yardage. I like scrappy quilts far better than "planned" so the precuts, with some of my own stash thrown in to mix it up a bit, give me a good variety with minimal time and energy spent on the collecting part.

RST

Quote Originally Posted by RST
    To me, the appeal of the precuts is not avoiding cutting so much as having a wide selection of different fabrics, without having to purchase yardage. I like scrappy quilts far better than "planned" so the precuts, with some of my own stash thrown in to mix it up a bit, give me a good variety with minimal time and energy spent on the collecting part.

RST
    Never thought of it that way. Good idea.

alimaui
    I am one of those people that likes the precuts because of the fabric selection. I don't have alot of confidence in my ability to chose complimentary fabrics, and honestly, this isn't really a part of the process I enjoy, so I love the precuts, as they have a cohesive look.

Its the best of both worlds, because you get a great look with lots of beautiful prints, and I only have to choose my favorite for a border/backing, etc.

I don't buy pre cuts as I have too much fabrics. My DD did buy me a jelly roll for Christmas last year, I hope to use it sometime next year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I saw those too. What will they come up with next.
    I wonder what a cheese danish would look like? Or...a *twinkie* cut :!:

Quote Originally Posted by Jingleberry
    I don't buy pre cuts as I have too much fabrics. My DD did buy me a jelly roll for Christmas last year, I hope to use it sometime next year.
    I bought a jelly roll a couple of years ago. It is still in the drawer. Can't decide what to so with it.

Blog Entries
    I don't consider myself Stupid! I just don't have the stash to choose from. It is nice to buy precuts when I can afford them. It gives me many different colors that all go together.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast