Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can't find lightweight fusible interfacing!

Can't find lightweight fusible interfacing!

I'm making a bag and pattern calls for Lightweight fusible (one sided) Interfacing, do you think they mean fleece? I bought featherweight interfacing but it's not fusible, because I couldn't find it. Help!

I went to Joann's and Walmart.

Blog Entries
    No, there is lightweight fusible one sided interfacng. Did you ask JoAnn's, maybe they were out of it. I've bought it before. Fleece would be too heavy. Google it and I'm sure you will find it. You can black and white. I'm really surprised that even Walmarts didn't have it.
    Judy

I found mine at Hobby Lobby.

They carry it at joanns, they were probably out

Blog Entries
    I bought a bolt of it at Walmart. It is labeled on the bolt end: 18'' Wide Pellon Interfacing Lightweight Fusible. The fabric dept manager can order it from the warehouse if it isn't at the store. Also I noticed lightweight fusible precut in a package on the notion aisle.
    Got fabric?

Thanks everyone.
    I studied the ends of the the bolts, they had featherweight, but not fusible. No, I didn't ask anyone, our Joann's has such a large turnover of help I hesitate to ask anyone. But it's nice to know that Fusible Lightweight is out there and I will look again and this time ask someone. I want to make the pattern according to directions.

Blog Entries
    I used Pellon fusible fleece in my tote bags but didn't use light weight fusible interfacing even though the pattern called for it. didn't need it.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Blog Entries
    At the JoAnn's where I shop, all the fusible interfacings are kept behind the cutting table and you have to ask a sales person for them.

If JoAnn's happens to by out in the by-the-yard, check for packages on the notions wall, usually with the iron on patches etc.

Both Joann's and Hancock's has it. Go during the week and ask them. My Joann's goes through entire bolts of interfacing every week.