Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! >

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Organized is a relative word here!! I've taken over 1/2 of the sunroom for my sewing and cutting and all my fabric and everything else is in the basement!!! I get to have 2 places to make a mess!! Woo Hoo!! So I keep running up and down the stairs (you'd think I'd be skinny by this point - NOT!!!). I pull fabric run to sunroom to see if I like it (wonderful light), if not back downstairs! Not the ultimate, but I love working in the sunroom and DH won't give up the other end for TV viewing when its nice out. Its a long room that at one end is LR furniture and the other has been taken over by me!! Maybe one day it'll ALL be MINE!!! Let's see how uncomfortable I can make him!! :lol: :lol:
lol, do you think making him uncomfortable will work? lol
Comeon Sewcrafty, you really don't want him to leave. You're still a newlywed!
:thumbup: :)
You just want him to stay in his chair and not bother you, right! :thumbup:
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I had to laugh about your husbands tools. About 10 years ago..my DH gave the most wonderful tool box for Christmas. It had everything in it imagined. He has a huge garage and the basement for his tools. At the time we had a flower shop with a huge barn to the rear and he had tools in there too. But, every time I need him to do something..he would borrow the tools from my box. With in a few months the tool box was expty..he couldn't find any of his tools..nor mine. So..now he comes into my sewing room..and if he makes a comment..about things being a mess...I say.."I know where my tools are"..he just snickers and walks away. :lol:
That is so funny!! My husband isn't quite that bad, but everytime he comes into my sewing room and looks around, he doesn't say anything because he just recently got into model trains, so I think we're even -for now!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:03 AM

Ok, this is going to be a long day. I am going out to the garage and start bringing in everything marked sewing room.There are countless numbers of boxes, bags and entire rolls of batting(working at Jo-Anns Fabric may not of been a good idea for me!). How I am going to make this all work, I have no idea, but Im thinking that if I post my progress, it will give me a greater incentive.When I got up with my soon to be husband, I told him what I was doing today, I think he believes I am crazy, not that he didnt think that before, but even more now. I have to get this done, right? Ok, time to hit the garage, wish me luck.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:21 AM

I have my own tools and tool box too. I have bought him all the tools he would need and the tool boxes to go with all the tools too. I was hoping he would learn how to use them. lol I know how to use most of them and do use them. lol He also goes to my tool box first too. Or use to. He didn't put my tools back so now he is not allowed to use it unless he ask. Besides it is in my sewing room which he is not familiar with. lol His talents lies with people. He is very good with people. The FBI trained him in hostage negotiation. That man can talk. He's a correction officer. And very good at it.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Ok, this is going to be a long day. I am going out to the garage and start bringing in everything marked sewing room.There are countless numbers of boxes, bags and entire rolls of batting(working at Jo-Anns Fabric may not of been a good idea for me!). How I am going to make this all work, I have no idea, but Im thinking that if I post my progress, it will give me a greater incentive.When I got up with my soon to be husband, I told him what I was doing today, I think he believes I am crazy, not that he didnt think that before, but even more now. I have to get this done, right? Ok, time to hit the garage, wish me luck.
Of course you have my good luck wishs, is there a reason for this? like we need reasonable excuses, right?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM

It is now 2:20. are you still unpacking your sewing stuff?...did you even stop for lunch or a cup of tea? hope sew.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:08 PM

I just moved from Toledo,OH to Flint,MI. I have been here for a month, and wanted to put the house together before the sewing room, or the rest of the house would have never got done, lol. I made alot of progress today, but there is still alot of work to do. I have 15 more containers in the garage, but I have brought in twice that amount, Im almost out of room tho! We need to get more shelves to go above the sewing table, and around the corner, at least 2 rows. I cant wait till its done, I want to sew soooooo bad!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:17 PM

I stopped for an iced tea break about 3:00. I still have alot to do tonight, but Im starving, its dinner time! Thanks for the support guys, I need it! :D
Old 05-05-2010, 09:00 AM

My girl how you coming along? Have you come up for air yet?
Moved 3 different rms in my house yesterday all because I wanted a bigger sewing rm. What a job, doing the detail work today, this is the closest I want to come to moving for along time. espically since we just moved here a a yr. ago...way to old for all this heavy lifting or I am just plain out of shape..lol
Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM

Glad to hear I am not the only one unable to sew. I posted on another thread about my sewing room mess. I had a small water leak a week and a half ago and had to empty out half of the room. I wasn't gonna just restack it all so I am going through everything and resorting. In the process I bought cubes from Target online that stack great and I am refolding all of my fabric around rulers. It stacks so pretty. I am down to the bottom of the fabric stash. But I can't figure out how to fold my yardage of chenile. Ideas out there? Hopefully I will be able to finish up this weekend and post some pics. I have to unearth my current WIPs cause I have two days at the quilt shop Friday and Saturday for sewing. We call ourselves Quilters Under Cover :)