Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-sew-my-sewing-room-t43406.html)

Quilt4u 04-21-2010 02:12 AM

Well my spring cleaning went to my sewing room. Got my very small closet cleaned out last weekend. How in the world did I fit so much stuff in that closet is beyond me . But I got out 5 trash bags of stuff I did not need. And I moved some shelfs around to make some mor room. And in that move everything got dumped on the floor and I mean everything. I can bearly get into my small room now. It looks like every know natural disaster has hit it. Why is it when cleaning you make more of a mess than what it was befor you started?

Rainy Day 04-21-2010 02:14 AM

More evidence for my argument - cleaning is a waste of my time :) and it just makes the mess worse!

Quilt4u 04-21-2010 02:16 AM

Have to we are looking for a house.

Rainy Day 04-21-2010 02:19 AM

aaah! that is the only real reason to clean out ;) Good luck in the search for a new home.

quiltingfan 04-21-2010 02:37 AM

I always tell my kids you have to make it worse before you make it better. They don't appreciate it when I dump whatever needs to been clean ( the closet or drawer on the floor) Enjoy your clean room.

Quilt4u 04-21-2010 02:39 AM

I'm still working on it.

Rainy Day 04-21-2010 02:42 AM

My mother used to put a wheel barrow outside our room (4 girls) when it got too much for her to bear!

no1jan 04-21-2010 03:01 AM

I am in the same boat. I had to make room for my DGD sofa bed to move up into my "sewing area". In doing so, I decided to try and clean up tons and tons of spots my son had made when this was his room. I swear he let a case of soda explode up there!

I have been spot cleaning the carpet for weeks. On my hands and knees trying desperately to get them out. In the mean time I have to move furniture, basically everything around the room to be able to get at the carpet to do the spot cleaning and then the rug shampooing. I am almost done! I have one more section to seam clean today. Spot cleaned the area last night.

Then I have to move all the furniture and organize. Can't wait. Haven't been able to see let alone use my machine in weeks.

Can't wait until it is all finished, clean and Sew-Perfect!

At least I will have some place to sew! :):) :)

sewcrafty 04-21-2010 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
More evidence for my argument - cleaning is a waste of my time :) and it just makes the mess worse!

LMAO!!!! I'm actually doing the same thing! Just reorganized all my fabric!! Took 2 days!!!! Everything is color coordinated and the containers are labeled, even with color coded labels!! I know I need therapy!!! :lol: :lol: Reorganized my drawers. One wheely thing is for just sewing stuff and the other is for the quilting stuff. Now if I can keep it this way I'll be able to find things when I need them. What's the chance of this? Cleaned up sewing area, did some sewing, back to a mess, OH WELL!!! Atleast it looks happy in there, being utilized and all!! :-D :-D

pstoner 04-21-2010 04:00 AM

omg, you have tornado's in your house also. When my girls were little, we had tornado's when things were so disorganized that they couldn't find their socks etc. So with the tornado, the drawers were emptied onto the floor and they had to put things back away correctly. I thought I was the only mother on earth that was that mean.