Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-sew-my-sewing-room-t43406.html)

great aunt jacqui 05-05-2010 12:44 PM

thats a cute name ,undercover. maybe I will suggest that we name our group. all that work you are doing, hope you stop for breaks.

Margie 05-05-2010 01:18 PM

I am trying to function in the worst mess of a sewing room. I started to reorganize it, but have so many projects to finish with a deadline. I just need to take a week and devote to it :(.

Grama Lehr 05-05-2010 01:24 PM

I have to show this to my husband!! He's a clean freak! His shop is cleaner than my sewing room. He keeps all of his stuff all nice and orderly! He even dusts and vacuums, THE GARAGE!! Now, I do vacuum, dust once in awhile, but mostly I just move stuff around so much, it doesn't ever get dusty!

garysgal 05-05-2010 03:12 PM

Remember in the 80's when everyone was trying to find out if they were a Sanguane, or Coleric or whatever? I found out I am a Sanguane and we can get organized, but we don't stay that way. It is not our personality. So, I clean and organize, and try to live with it, and then if it is so bad I can't do a thing, I re-organize again.

mygirl66 05-06-2010 12:55 PM

OMG, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! We got the other two rows of shelves up, it was a total mess trying to orgainize all of my fabric!I have one stack for each color, then a stack for bleached, unbleached muslin, solids, flannels, and 3 stacks of "others". I went to target to get the cubes you snap together to put yarns, beading stuff, books & misc. in. I cant believe I have more room for fabric! LOL! I should have everything done tonight, then I can finially sew!

Originally Posted by craftiladi
My girl how you coming along? Have you come up for air yet?
Moved 3 different rms in my house yesterday all because I wanted a bigger sewing rm. What a job, doing the detail work today, this is the closest I want to come to moving for along time. espically since we just moved here a a yr. ago...way to old for all this heavy lifting or I am just plain out of shape..lol

craftiladi 05-08-2010 06:56 AM

Yippee, doesn't it feel great!!!!!! I am still feeling a few sore spots in my body but then I look at my new neat clean rm...now I am some would disagree but thats inspiration for me.....lol..yes I know I am sick.
Congrats!!

aliaslaceygreen 05-08-2010 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Oh, you all warm my heart. In order to bring order to my sewing room I am going to have to take all the furniture out and then all of the other things. It is driving me crazy. I know that is the only way... oh, that and letting go of other crafts I haven't done for years will give me more space for all of my quilting stuff... I hope!

the giving up of the possibilities of all those wonderful pretties is so hard!!! I have so far 1 large bag, but I really have only begun to scratch the surface :shock:

mygirl66 05-08-2010 08:58 AM

Just when I thought I was done.....I found 3 bags of fabric my syb sister in law gave me. It all has to be washed(she had cats, love em but my allergies....) so I have 1 bag in the wash now, and I found some more fabric, I had wondered where it went to! It was all of my vintage 1920-1959's yummy fabric! Glad I found it, but now searching for the right place to put it. I worked on some english paper piecing last nite, and felt guilty because my sewing room wasnt finished.So I have decided that I am going to get it all done as a mothers day gift to myself.Now, if only the rest of the rooms in the house looked as good, LOL