Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-sew-my-sewing-room-t43406.html)

zz-pd 04-24-2010 11:13 PM

that is a great quistion. :? God bless. Penny

PurpleBecca 04-25-2010 12:16 AM

boosgmom - sounds like heaven!!!

Pam B 04-25-2010 07:13 PM

I cannot find my long ruler I use with my rotary cutter! Yikes...how on earth can something that large disappear? I am hoping to rearrange my sewing room tomorrow evening. I am not happy with the way I have it right now and it has become a 'catch-all' once again. I go in there to sew and, honestly, it just 'feels' like it is such a mess that I am uncomfortable. Absolutely must get it under control

Quilt4u 04-26-2010 02:05 AM

Ya I got it done. After two long weeks I got it done. Got to do some quilting yesterday afternoon. Right after I finished clean it. It felt so good. But Boy am I sore. :thumbup: :thumbup: :-) :-) :lol: :lol:

Quilt4u 04-26-2010 02:09 AM

Oh ya I'll post picturs tonight.

PurpleBecca 04-26-2010 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Oh ya I'll post picturs tonight.

Well done on finishing!!!

mygirl66 04-27-2010 04:03 AM

I have come to the conclusion that being orgainized may be over rated! I use to be able to find things better when I had "orgainized clutter" now I cant remember my line of thinking when I started to put things away. Before moving to MI, I lived alone, my living room was my sewing room(awesome, right?) and now..... UGH!Well I found a TON more stuff that I really need of course, and now Im trying to think of places to put it.I really need to find a quilt group here in Flint to join.

MI Applique Queen 04-27-2010 06:55 AM

I know there are quilting bee's in the Grand Rapids area but I'll be darn if I can get one to respond to my request. I really don't want to join a big organization right now. Just a small group here on the NE side of Grand Rapids. We are looking for a new Church maybe the one we are led to will have a quilting bee.

Janetlmt 04-27-2010 09:20 AM

The only time I "clean" my sewing room is when it gets to the point that I can't find a space to work..or that I am spending to much time searching for something. Last weekend I cleaned and organized..voila! My motto is....
CREATIVE CLUTTER IS BETTER THEN IDLE NEATNESS

Janetlmt 04-27-2010 09:26 AM

I had to laugh about your husbands tools. About 10 years ago..my DH gave the most wonderful tool box for Christmas. It had everything in it imagined. He has a huge garage and the basement for his tools. At the time we had a flower shop with a huge barn to the rear and he had tools in there too. But, every time I need him to do something..he would borrow the tools from my box. With in a few months the tool box was expty..he couldn't find any of his tools..nor mine. So..now he comes into my sewing room..and if he makes a comment..about things being a mess...I say.."I know where my tools are"..he just snickers and walks away. :lol: