Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-sew-my-sewing-room-t43406.html)

clem55 04-21-2010 04:23 AM

Whenever I organize, I can't find anything!

SewExtremeSeams 04-21-2010 04:27 AM

Oh, you all warm my heart. In order to bring order to my sewing room I am going to have to take all the furniture out and then all of the other things. It is driving me crazy. I know that is the only way... oh, that and letting go of other crafts I haven't done for years will give me more space for all of my quilting stuff... I hope!

sewcrafty 04-21-2010 04:34 AM

Organized is a relative word here!! I've taken over 1/2 of the sunroom for my sewing and cutting and all my fabric and everything else is in the basement!!! I get to have 2 places to make a mess!! Woo Hoo!! So I keep running up and down the stairs (you'd think I'd be skinny by this point - NOT!!!). I pull fabric run to sunroom to see if I like it (wonderful light), if not back downstairs! Not the ultimate, but I love working in the sunroom and DH won't give up the other end for TV viewing when its nice out. Its a long room that at one end is LR furniture and the other has been taken over by me!! Maybe one day it'll ALL be MINE!!! Let's see how uncomfortable I can make him!! :lol: :lol:

Oklahoma Suzie 04-22-2010 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
More evidence for my argument - cleaning is a waste of my time :) and it just makes the mess worse!

lol yeah, I guess we should just leave well enough alone.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-22-2010 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Organized is a relative word here!! I've taken over 1/2 of the sunroom for my sewing and cutting and all my fabric and everything else is in the basement!!! I get to have 2 places to make a mess!! Woo Hoo!! So I keep running up and down the stairs (you'd think I'd be skinny by this point - NOT!!!). I pull fabric run to sunroom to see if I like it (wonderful light), if not back downstairs! Not the ultimate, but I love working in the sunroom and DH won't give up the other end for TV viewing when its nice out. Its a long room that at one end is LR furniture and the other has been taken over by me!! Maybe one day it'll ALL be MINE!!! Let's see how uncomfortable I can make him!! :lol: :lol:

lol, do you think making him uncomfortable will work? lol

justwannaquilt 04-22-2010 06:47 AM

LOL You need a louder sewing machine, then it would interupt the tv noise! ask me how I know.

Carol in Colorado 04-22-2010 06:57 AM

Maybe it's that spring time ritual. We just moved my sewing room from a large (dark) room in the basement to a much smaller (but brighter) bedroom upstairs. We put my cabinets in the closet but had to leave the doors off so I can get to them. My hubby built me a wonderful sewing table with drawers and a countertop from the Habitat for Humanity Restore for only $40 and it takes up one whole wall. I have my TV, my small book shelf and even my Gracie quilting frame in a 10 x 10 room. I got it all organized, then took a bunch of fabric out last night to start a quilt for a co-workers wedding. So much for a clean room.

gollytwo 04-22-2010 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Whenever I organize, I can't find anything!

Me too
Am now pasting a label on every box.
Nothing helps me remember where particular boxes are however.

pollyjvan9 04-22-2010 07:07 AM

What I like about organizing is that I always find something I have been looking for or that I have forgotten. I "tidy" up my fabrics about 2 times a year. It's almost like going shopping!

And for Carol in Colorado, I would love to see some pics of your 10 x 10 bedroom with your Gracie frame set up. I put my frame in the storage building because I got so stressed from being crowded in my den (sewing room) which is 16 x 24'. I would like to set the frame up in my small bedroom but didn't think I had enough room to get around it.

sewcrafty 04-22-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie

lol, do you think making him uncomfortable will work? lol

Do you think it could work? :wink: