Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-sew-my-sewing-room-t43406.html)

SewExtremeSeams 04-22-2010 07:48 AM

Carol in Colorado, I too would like to see your organized sewing room... I am not sure how big the (sewing room) bedroom is that I have to pull everything out and reorganizer so I have room to move without a Grace quilting frame. :roll: Looking forward to your pictures. (if I get my organized I know I will have to quickly take pictures because it won't look so neat as soon as I begin using it! lol :lol:

Carol in Colorado 04-22-2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Carol in Colorado, I too would like to see your organized sewing room... I am not sure how big the (sewing room) bedroom is that I have to pull everything out and reorganizer so I have room to move without a Grace quilting frame. :roll: Looking forward to your pictures. (if I get my organized I know I will have to quickly take pictures because it won't look so neat as soon as I begin using it! lol :lol:

I'll try to get some pics taken tonight - as soon as I pick up all those pieces off the floor and put them back away :)

dsb38327 04-22-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Have to we are looking for a house.

From experience I offer what I wish I had done:
Rent a storage building to stash all the things you can't use right now instead of donating or throwing them away. (Not just sewing, but also lamps, wall hangings, you will probably have tons of stuff the realtor wants out of the house.) You can never replace it all for the price you will pay for the storage building.

quiltluvr 04-22-2010 10:05 AM

Yes, it's all hard, messy work doing a total gut job, but think ahead to the benefits that you'll make it "more right" for your needs and tastes which makes you want to be in there more and in turn you'll be able to sew so many more projects.

All in all, it's a good creative cleansing.

*You are now obligated to post pictures of your paradise.* :mrgreen:

granniebj 04-22-2010 10:13 AM

I had planned to start spring cleaning this weekend! Was even in an odd way looking forward to it....however my oldest daughter (38) is back in the hospital for Chronic Pancreaitis, and her liver #'s are too high....so guess I'll be headed there. Besides, my sewing room is always last. Someday!

sewcrafty 04-22-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by granniebj
I had planned to start spring cleaning this weekend! Was even in an odd way looking forward to it....however my oldest daughter (38) is back in the hospital for Chronic Pancreaitis, and her liver #'s are too high....so guess I'll be headed there. Besides, my sewing room is always last. Someday!

I hope she's OK!!

sewnsewer2 04-22-2010 11:09 AM

:lol: Because it is all hidden away. I know the feeling.

steelecg 04-23-2010 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
More evidence for my argument - cleaning is a waste of my time :) and it just makes the mess worse!

LMAO!!!! I'm actually doing the same thing! Just reorganized all my fabric!! Took 2 days!!!! Everything is color coordinated and the containers are labeled, even with color coded labels!! I know I need therapy!!! :lol: :lol: Reorganized my drawers. One wheely thing is for just sewing stuff and the other is for the quilting stuff. Now if I can keep it this way I'll be able to find things when I need them. What's the chance of this? Cleaned up sewing area, did some sewing, back to a mess, OH WELL!!! Atleast it looks happy in there, being utilized and all!! :-D :-D

You are always welcome to come tackle mmine - I am envious

mountain deb 04-23-2010 04:57 AM

The flip side of cleaning is, you are discovering things you forgot you had. It is like going shopping in your house and it is free with front door parking. The biggest reason, to make room for more fabric. Works for me.

LindaR 04-23-2010 04:58 AM

my sewing room is 10x10 also and there is no way I could get my Grace frame in there. I can bare turn around now, we need pictures how you did that LOL