Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't wait!

Sometimes I get so excited before I walk into a quilt store never knowing what new stuff I will find when I go through the door!

The book is called Prayers for Sale. It's a paperback I got at our library. I'm barely into it so don't know whether it's going to be a keeper or not, but the remarks on quilting have been interesting.

I have read remarks on here about fondling fabric and thought ... yeah, right! But my latest project is a Moda fabric called Cold Winter Noses. It's a panel and I have fat quarters to make the blocks around it. That fabric just feels good and nicely starched ..... wow.... ah......

As I was piecing it I found myself petting and stroking it. And you all say this is normal!?

Quote Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    Just wait till you start putting them in your purse to take with you. . . . . . . :roll:
    Uh oh...I've passed that point! I utilize the lunchroom table to cut my quilt pieces out...and to pin the blocks together...and whatever else I need a big table for!

Anyone else do this?

Blog Entries
    Oh Jan, - you have become one of us! I also sneak peeks at work and check out websites for new patterns. I don't feel guilty too often!

I don't want a cure. I just want to sew up some of my stash before the Lord calls me home.

Blog Entries
    Jan, you aren't alone!!!! lol

What is a squishy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot
    Quote Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    Just wait till you start putting them in your purse to take with you. . . . . . . :roll:
    Uh oh...I've passed that point! I utilize the lunchroom table to cut my quilt pieces out...and to pin the blocks together...and whatever else I need a big table for!

Anyone else do this?
    I got permission to use our break room on weekends to cut things out and to bring machines and teach a class.. and I do it on breaks while at work too..... ...At work...on my days off.... I am a sick, sick puppy.

Hi, I'm at work too. In my whole office (4 floors in downtown San Francisco) there is one person who quilts. We've taken to bringing blocks, magazines, books, sharing sites, etc. with each other practically every day.! Of course, we are undercover. . .

A squishy is a soft "squishy" piece of mail that contains fabric.

Well, I am reading this while sitting at my desk at work on my lunch break. We have been advised to get away from our desk for stress relief on breaks, but reading this board and browsing quilt patterns on the internet IS my stress relief until I can get home and get back to my quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by JanTx
    I have read remarks on here about fondling fabric and thought ... yeah, right! But my latest project is a Moda fabric called Cold Winter Noses. It's a panel and I have fat quarters to make the blocks around it. That fabric just feels good and nicely starched ..... wow.... ah......

As I was piecing it I found myself petting and stroking it. And you all say this is normal!?
    That is sooooo normal LOL!

I find myself going to sleep at night think about what I'm going to do next on the quilt I'm working on and possible new ones.

Hi Jan welcome from Arizona. I don't think there's anything wrong here and I refuse to discuss it! Everyone I know is doing it so there can't be anything wrong with it. You've come to the right place everyones very gentle with us here...LOL

Andie :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hi! I'm Linda and I, too, have a problem. My problem is I cannot afford to support my habit in the way I would like to become accustomed. LOL
    Today I found myself trying to browbeat my DD into being excited about letting me make her a quilt that she doesn't really want. Now that is sad. She just really is not a quilt person, and even tho I wanted to make her one, it's not something she cares at all about having. I was actually going to force it on her.. how crazy is that?
    I came to my senses mid-discussion when I was trying to get her excited by showing her different fabrics I was thinking about using. She was getting irritable because I just wasn't getting it that it wasn't something she was ever going to be excited about. Ding!!! The light came on. How glad I am that I saw it before I made the quilt! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2