Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Carrying Case for machines? >

Carrying Case for machines?

Carrying Case for machines?

Old 08-30-2017, 01:47 PM

I found a hard-sided computer case on wheels at a thrift store for $20. It's similar to what used to be called a catalog case.

Tate
Old 08-31-2017, 02:56 AM

Thanks Suzisew for the link on Harbor Freight. I will check this out myself. DH goes to Harbor Freight often. They are easy to order from too. DH just ordered me a new machine for our 47th anniversary, came in yesterday and I will need a carrying case or it - like I really needed another machine, I already had 6 plus my serger but hey no one can have too many right? It is a Toyota J34 for sewing on denim, has many other features lots of decorative stitches and will sew on apparently any type of fabric, I haven't threaded it to try it out yet.here were several attachment feet with it, including a button hole foot.To take a gander at it go to Mr. Vac and Mrs. Sew's site to check it out.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:25 AM

You might consider one of the rolling cases (catalog case) that open at the top. I use one for a spare machine and I saw one at a thrift store for under $10 a few days ago.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by jquilt214 View Post
You should check out Harbor Freight. I bought a 20-24 inch case on rollers with pull-up handle for a good price and it has pockets on inside and out. Just in black but it works for what I need.

This case is only 10" high. Will that be high enough to hold your machine and any accessories?
Old 08-31-2017, 06:41 AM

purchase in inexpensive rolling suitcase and if necessary, add in a layer of mattress topper for extra padding. I use this technique for transporting mine when I travel and it's working perfectly. With the right sized suitcase, you even have room to include all your notions and tools. lots of cheap ones at thrift shops as well as inexpensive new ones.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
purchase in inexpensive rolling suitcase and if necessary, add in a layer of mattress topper for extra padding..............
..... how about practice FMQing pieces?
Old 08-31-2017, 09:16 AM

My son gave me this for Christmas one year. The top holds my project, the middle holds my tools and the bottom holds my machine. Can't tell you how much I love it!!!!
Old 08-31-2017, 10:35 AM

Look on line for non-specific rolling suitcases. There are so many choices out there you may be able to find something that works that isn't so expensive. It's hard to find something sturdy enough in construction to offer protection for your valuable machine since most non-specific ones are made for clothing, etc. Don't forget the local hardware stores, and the chains like Harbor Freight, Lowe's and Home Depot. Especially since "the season" is coming up and stores bring in specialty, one-time items for gift giving. Good luck and do let us know if you find something special!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM

That's very cool, Gloria. Where did he get it?
Old 08-31-2017, 05:23 PM

I have the rolling toolcase from Harbor Freight. It fits my Brother 1500 perfectly. You can't beat the price.