Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cats and quilting >

Cats and quilting

Cats and quilting

Old 04-02-2019, 06:02 AM

I hate to say it to all the cat lovers......but cats shed massive cat hairs. They get all over my quilts when I sew at my quilting friends house with 2 cats!!! It's very unappealing to have tons of cat hairs on my quilt. Sorry.
My friend is an immaculate house keeper.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:25 AM

Loved the cat photos and stories about everyone's cats. My story is not so good: my cat had to have surgery because she swallowed thread, so please be careful. She didn't learn her lesson either. If she's near fabric she tries to get threads off the edges. So she's a very expensive alley cat!
Old 04-02-2019, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by SallyS View Post
Loved the cat photos and stories about everyone's cats. My story is not so good: my cat had to have surgery because she swallowed thread, so please be careful. She didn't learn her lesson either. If she's near fabric she tries to get threads off the edges. So she's a very expensive alley cat!
Aw, similar happened to my guy too... he just has a *thing* for crunchy stuff. He loves lettuce and, apparently organdy ribbon. I had to have a ribbon extracted from his belly, poor thing! He can't be trusted around my sewing room. I have one gal who does stay in my sewing room, with really no interest other than getting brushed in between my rounds at the machine.

Yes, there's fur on my quilts, but I'm not competing anywhere...and if I gave one away, I'd be sure to wash it.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:53 AM

When I house sit for my daughter I take my machine and set it up on her kitchen table. Her BIG cat sits behind it and watches me sew. When he decides I should stop (to play with him), he crawls thru the harp to stare at me. He can only get part of his big body thru it - but it works! I must stop and give him my full attention!
Old 04-02-2019, 11:55 AM

My yellow and white Persian ate enough string to stop her up. The vet that took it out kept it in a jar as a souvenir. Cost $250.00 back in 2002. My cats today don't eat it.

If I place a towel on the floor and carefully lay it out, I will get an immediate inspector. So I decided where I wanted them to lay in the sewing room, and bought a cat bed at Dollar General. I made a big deal out of placing it just so where I wanted her to sleep. It works:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611169[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20190402_090436_resized.jpg  
Old 04-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Love Mr. P.K. Boo. He looks almost exactly like my Simba. He also likes to sit in my lap when I am doing hand sewing and on the back of the sewing machine when I am stitching. He watches squirrels.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Clarice29 View Post
Love Mr. P.K. Boo. He looks almost exactly like my Simba. He also likes to sit in my lap when I am doing hand sewing and on the back of the sewing machine when I am stitching. He watches squirrels.
Thank you...Boo is a lap cat too...can't sit without him looking at me waiting for the ok come up....he's sleeping right now on my legs...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 04-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

That is such a precious photo, Hobbykatt! Thanks for sharing. What a sweetheart!
Old 04-02-2019, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

I have four cats and no door on the sewing room. They love to lay on the fabric. So far, I have been lucky that no one wants to sit on me while I am sewing.

Love all the pictures.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:56 AM

I have a basket with a quilt in it for Mr. Peach in my sewing room. There is also a twin bed where he can nap. He is not a lap cat so it works well. He loves to be in there with me. In fact, he loves it so much he tries to “herd” me in there. There is no measure for how we love our sweet cats and dogs.