Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cats vs. dogs >

cats vs. dogs

cats vs. dogs

Old 11-18-2008, 10:44 AM

I have had lots of dogs and cats...each one special. Right now I have Lulu a mixed breed from Poreto Rico. and Mr Murphy a black cat. Come bed time they are there. Mr Murphy likes to cuddle with just his head poking out...he likes warm :D
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 AM

We have a 2 year old yellow lab named Sadie. If you think of all the kooky traits that labs have, then you will know exactly what I mean when I say she has a few screws loose. She has just started carrying her bowl around with her. You an feed her and when she is done, she will pick it up and bring it to you as if to say that she wants 2nds :!: :lol: She loves to sit behind my husbands desk chair and keep an eye out on the front yard just in case a squirrel has the nerve to climb a tree in our yard! :lol:
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Right now I like cats better.

Of the three most recent, Miss Pook was the sweetest. She would like to be held against my shoulder to be petted and didn't dig in with her claws. She also liked to be brushed. She was a skittery little thing.

Twink was a very handsome white shorthair. But he peed all over everything. I don't even know how he got his hind end situated for some of the stuff I've found. I miss him, but not that.

Bear is a shaggy gray. He is an indoor-outdoor cat. He's the only one left now. He's on medication and getting thinner.

I didn't deliberately go after any of them. For one reason or another, I took them in.

I truly loved my Mom's Babe cat. I visited to see the cat almost as much as to see Mom.

The way I feel right this minute, I don't think I'll get another animal when Bear goes.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 AM

We have 3 dogs and 1 snake. :D I would have several cats too, but dh and ds are allergic. :(
Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 PM

we have a beagle and 2 pugs. pug # 2 is a rescue.

Trixie- beagle is a pain, but the brown eyes melt you.
Crouton- pug#1 is #1 in my book, she's 10 1/2 and wearing down a bit. Love her to pieces!
Spencer- pug#2 is daughter's. named after Jimmy Spencer, NASCAR driver (my fav when he was driving). Has tons of personality and good looks, would have made a fantastic show dog.

Crouton and Trixie try to share the computer chair with you so they are a bit of hogs, but they do keep you warm. Sewing companion, they all like to lay in their beds and sleep nearby.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 03:11 AM. Reason: language
Old 11-18-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
Mine is also in previous thread...that said it all
ruth, i'm not reading that last thread because for many of us, things have changed. so please let me know what you have now if you'd like to be counted .
Old 11-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned

We have a german shepherd / border collie mix . He will be 10 years old in December . Very lovable . Likes to lay at my feet while I'm sewing . Can't have cats due to allergies ! But I love siamese cats , just beautiful . Annie .
Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Mine are in the other post too., but I currently have 10 cats, 1 dog and 25 head of Angus cattle and I'm shopping for a horse or 2.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:50 PM

I am not a dog person. I do not like being licked, and I do not like the way they smell. My husband and daughter feel differently, but you said QUILT people. I have tried so hard to like them, to want one, but everytime I end up back here.

I have Three cats: one boy two girls

Sunny age 4 a Male Maine Coon (born under the house has medical issues)
Tiny age 3 only about 8 pounds Grey, Peach and White (abandoned at birth and left to die - couldn't stand hearing her cry so after two hours we took her in, she was so little and cold!)
Kitty age 8 SPCA adoption saved from death row, abused something terrible before we adopted her -SUPER fat because of her fear of not getting another meal (even though she's had regular meals for 7 years) Classic Calico

Two Birds
Pebbles age 7 Meyer Parrot assumed male
Sam age 6 Pacific Parrotlet male

Awww, gee now I feel sad I had no idea my bird babies were getting up there.

I have also raised tree frogs but after the tank broke...

Oh and like 40 some Golden Long Fin Daino's (tropical fish) all raised from eggs age 1 year
1 Creamsicle Molly age 1 year live birth - owned her mother. Female
1 oddly friendly and responsive Fighting Fish age 1 1/2 years. Male
Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM

i'm really impressed with 42 tropical fish in the "other" category, but barbsbus still has you beat with 2000 worms. teehee.