Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cats vs. dogs >

cats vs. dogs

cats vs. dogs

Old 11-18-2008, 05:00 PM

Oh I forgot to Autocats they're a cross between a catfish and a sucker fish, I have no clue how old they are, about 6 months I'd guess, they came to me by way of a friend of my sisters.

The tank needs so little care it seems to nearly just exist on it's own. We've decided no more baby fish (Thankgoodness) so we just let 'em be.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:12 PM

I currently have 3 labroadors, all female. 2 white and one black, Annapurna, Denali and Mauna Kea. Anna and Nali are sisters, Nali is the black one, Kea is Anna's, pup, they are 10 1/2 and 6.
I also have one red eared slider turtle, about 5 in in diameter, one 3" goldfish, and in another tank, 4 large bala sharks, 3 large angelfish, 4 large clown loaches, 5 zebra danios, 6 cardinal tetra's, 3 albino catfish, 3 other catfish, a very large (8") Pleco, a smaller candy stripe pleco (5") 8 rummynose tetra's, 5 ghost glass cats, 2 bosemani rainbow, 1 red rainbow, 2 austrailian rainbows, 2 axelrodi rainbows, 1 turquoise rainbow, 2 diamond tetras, 2 congo tetra's, a large 7" golden chinese alge eater, 2 small chinese alge eaters, and I'm not sure what else!!! :) :) (it is a 100 gal freshwater tank)

Oops I forgot my 3 Denisoni Barb's
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM

We currently have 3 dogs Buddy is 12yr. Cardigan Corgi, Lizzie almost 10 is a miniature Schnauzer and Clover is 7month King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.
We also have 3 cats, Mercy and Cuddles are Japanese Bobtails 11 years old
and Misty is 1 year Calico we adopted from the shelter just before Christmas last year. As far as choosing a favorite I don't think I can they are all pretty special.
I won't even begin to try to name the zoo we've had over the last 30 years except to say its included most everything except reptiles or spiders, I don't allow those in my house under any circumstance!!
Muriel
Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
almost everybody here has a pet. some cats, some dogs, some horses, some chickens.

i'm conducting a 6-week survey to find out which animal quilters relate best to.

if you have a pet, please post on this thread for all the world to see. we may all be surprised at what we find out about each other.

i have one plain old cat. age 20. half abyssinian, half street cat. from the shelter. she's beginning to fail. i guess that's why i'm thinking of this. her brother died at 15. these are cats #8 and 9 that i can remember. i won't go thru all the names or we'll be here forever. please do the same.

what do you think will be the winner? goldfish?

just checked and it ends december 30th. whoops! sorry. i will count after xmas and report back. remember.....
6 weks only!

well i currently have one dog and one cat. Dog named Precious my daughter brought to me from Memphis TN to Odessa, TX because she lived in an apartment and it didn't have a yard to run and play in and I do. She was 10 months old when my daughter brought her to me, she just turned 4 years old June 2008. She is half maltese and half pickinese
(spelled wrong i'm sue). My cat is a calico, somebody must have dumped her in the neighborhood because early one morning when i stepped out the front door to get the paper, here was this little skinny - hungry and homeless kitten just meowing, so of course i brought her in and fed her some dog food and milk, she ate that and half of my grilled cheese sandwich for lunch before i could get to wal mart and get the necessary things for a cat. Her name is Callie and she weighs 14 pounds and she was 3 years old June 2008. By the way, Precious weighs 9 lbs. They love each other and play together so so good and Callie the cat even cleans Precious the dog.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:38 PM

One mix-breed dog, Cosi (after Cosima Wagner, Richard Wagner's wife and Franz Liszt's daughter.)
One housecat, JD.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:15 PM

Just have my boys in my avatar, Chonzer and Quigley, both 2 years old.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
almost everybody here has a pet. some cats, some dogs, some horses, some chickens.

i'm conducting a 6-week survey to find out which animal quilters relate best to.

if you have a pet, please post on this thread for all the world to see. we may all be surprised at what we find out about each other.

i have one plain old cat. age 20. half abyssinian, half street cat. from the shelter. she's beginning to fail. i guess that's why i'm thinking of this. her brother died at 15. these are cats #8 and 9 that i can remember. i won't go thru all the names or we'll be here forever. please do the same.

what do you think will be the winner? goldfish?

so....up until now we have dogs in the lead (except for 'other'. cats have 22 but dogs lead with 29. HOWEVER if we start to count 'other' we have to take into consideration 2000 worms. yes, you heard right. see the post from barbsbus.

if you don't hear from me on a regular basis don't worry. big sister will be watching you and keeping track as we go. in the meantime, keep posting, ladies (and men).

just checked and it ends december 30th. whoops! sorry. i will count after xmas and report back. remember.....
6 weks only!

[b]
Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 PM

i don't know what happened there. dogs in the lead followed by cats. 29 to 22. still too close to call. other is still, how can i say this, a riot! 2000 worms has to help take the lead. thanks, barbsbus.

if you don't hear from me on a regular basis, fear not. big sister will be watching you. i'll still be keeping track and will report in and laughing away.
as promised, i'll give counts from time to time and at the end of the 6 weeks which will be december 30. didn't plan this too well, did i? so right after the new year there will be a final count and maybe a surprise late xmas gift for the weirdest pet currently residing with a quilter on this board. so if you haven't got a pet, quick, go get one. fur, fins, feather or scales. as long as you love it.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 PM

I got a Jack Russell about 4yrs ago...
and a betta fish for the Jack Russell
My fish died about 4months ago...his name was Jerry and I cried, Really I did...
We also adopted a pomerainian in August of 07 which he was about 8months old. Had to potty train but he is nothing but a bucket of love and the Jack Russell and the Pomerainian play all day...They go round and round...
I would love to have a cat to sleep on the bed with me but that isn't going to happen with these two.
I am afraid the JR would kill it....
Kirsten
Old 11-18-2008, 10:10 PM

We have one cat. But I claim all the birds, butterflies, turtles, rabbits, squirrels, and insects in our yards as MINE. And I can't forget all those Koi fish in our ponds.