Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Celtic Solstice Quilt Pattern >

Celtic Solstice Quilt Pattern

Celtic Solstice Quilt Pattern

Old 01-18-2015, 08:18 AM

Default Celtic Solstice Quilt Pattern

I am trying to find the directions/pattern for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt Celtic Solstice.

I looked on her blog and did not see it, but there are several from previous years. Also tried looking in the free pattern sections.

That makes me think she has pulled it from the web site for a new book? Does anyone know if that is true?

If so how long will I have to wait for a new book to be able to get the pattern?

Thanks for any information anyone might have.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:41 AM

Bonnie did pull it for publication. I found the info on her blog dated Dec 9, 2014: "My publisher, Kansas City Star is getting into the swing of things and beginning to offer up single patterns as well as books! I talked to them just last week and we have a plan to release BOTH Celtic Solstice AND Grand Illusion as individual single printed patterns this spring! HOORAY!"

Hope this helps!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:43 AM

Yes, this pattern has been pulled for future publication. I'm not quite sure when the next book is due out, but I do follow her blog, and she has mentioned that there is a possibility that this will be published as a stand alone pattern in the near future. Keep checking the blog/website.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

I took a class from Bonnie last October and can confirm from her that it's been pulled for future publication. Her mystery quilts are always out there for several months after they end, so you should go out and print off the most recent one before it is also pulled!
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/gra...n-mystery.html
Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

She does pull patterns off her site. It is not a difficult pattern to draft if you can't wait for the book.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

here is a link to a blogger who was working on it. she laid out the pieces trying to guess the layout. she guessed wrong, but you can see all the pieces. http://fabadashery.blogspot.com/2013...-solstice.html

the same blogger shows here how to put together what i consider the trickiest block http://fabadashery.blogspot.com/2013...-solstice.html

hope this helps you some

by the way, i found this by googling images of bonnie hunter celtic solstice mystery quilt