Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In charge of your own time. >

In charge of your own time.

In charge of your own time.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 AM

Great place to be even if it is only for a few minutes (I wish!!). Nice to have friends to share your hobby with.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM

unfortunately i spend more time on this board reading about quilting than i do actually quilting !
Old 07-07-2010, 02:59 PM

I spend a lot of time reading the posts and looking at the pictures because I really enjoy it. I live alone now that hubby past away and have no regime to follow. I may not get as much quilting done as I did before finding this board but I like the company it brings and really want to get to know more about all of you. One of these days I will post some pics of my quilting because I should be sharing like the rest of you. Working on my first PP that I actually enjoy.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Glenda Kay
I have fibromyalgia & arthritis which is compounded by the Arimidex I take to help keep my breast cancer from coming back so it takes me a while to get going in the a.m. I usually get on here while I have my morning cup of coffee (or two) & then I'm usually awake enough to start moving. Don't mean to complain though because when I got found I had cancer I didn't know if I would still be here. Love this site. I've learned so much from you guys! Really glad I found this site.
You go, Girl. Just keep moving. I'm a cancer survivor and a stroke survivor ( and a retired first grade teacher!!!). You gotta keep moving as much as you can. This board has been good medicine for me. It's a place where I can talk "quilts" as well as anything else. I've learned a lot and have felt all of the love and kindness from everyone.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I seldom watch the clock anymore. As long as the housework is done and food is in the house I don't bother thinking about what I should be doing but what I want to be doing.
I'm with you BellaBoo!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:14 AM

Let's just say I'm addicted!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Annz
Before I go on the quilting board I always tell myself that I will only stay on for a little bit of time as I have soooooo many things to do. I tell myslef, I will only answer a few questions, comment on a few quilt pictures but welcome all the newbies. Well this is what I intend to do but find myself on the board sometimes for 2 hours or more.
Are you in charge of your time or are we all influenced and held captive by our love of quilting.
I am so happy to find a world out there that is like me. Instead of feeling guilty for spending so much time on the computer (mostly on this board!) I will keep saying I AM IN CHARGE of my time, I can do as I please. Now, if I can just get mor quilting done...
Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 PM

I use the board as a reward for getting things done.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by JeanDal
I use the board as a reward for getting things done.
what a great idea!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 PM

I'm totally in charge of my time.I'm totally hooked on this site. FIRST THING iDO IN THE MORNING AND THE LAST THING i DO AT NIGHT ,AND ALL OTHER TIMES IN BETWEEN. I think Ineed someone else to manage my time.