Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
chatelaine >

chatelaine

chatelaine

Old 12-30-2006, 02:22 PM

I bought some ties and I made one, I'm working on my second for a friend. But I don't understand something. I used the picture as my guide, And memory, of awhile back. I made a sm-pocket for the seam ripper, a pocket with sm elastic-for the thread, I made a small pocket with ribbon attached at the top of the pocket, for the sm-sissors to be attached to, and I made a small little pin cushion, with a sm ornate button to mark it's location. So I would'nt stick myself . Dose that sound right? Or am I missing something? Please help me ladies. Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Hi Becky:
It sounds like you thought of everything! Your Chatelaine sounds very well "pouched" for a working quilter. Good job! Make sure and take some pictures of it for all of us to ooh and aah over!

Happy New Year one and all,
Randy
Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 PM

does any one use one of these, found this post looking for something else :D
Old 09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Google Goddess

I was surfing and guess what I found your link here on the board, thanks for a cool idea

Craftybear

Originally Posted by Randy
I received a chaterlaine from my sister-in-law as a birthday gift. From her gift I made a pattern and made several. I will attach a picture of 2 of them.

Length of the Chaterlaine: 41 inches long (white) 42 1/2 Inches (blk/red)
Width of the Chaterlaine: 3 1/2 Inches wide at the bottom (White)
2 1/2 Inches wide at bottom (Blk/Red)

2 1/2 In. wide where it rides around neck(wh)
1 3/4 Inches wide around neck (Blk/Red

Chatterlaine has a small pin cushion (blue on white/green on blk/red)
Chatterlaine has a mall Pouch on inside of LEFT side of chatterlaine for a
spool of tread or ??
Chatterlaine also has a small pouch on the OUTSIDE LEFT for notions - pouch is Orange on the Blk/Red Chatterlaine.

On the top of each pouch (the opening) I put a piece of thin elastic in to make the opening pucker a little bit so whatever is carried in the pouch can't fall out. You will note that the pouches also have a bottom which is about a 3/4 circle attached to the rectangular piece of fabric used to make the pouch...I hope these instructions are clear???

Small ring attached to RIGHT side of Chatterlaine and a pair of tiny scissors are attached.

When making these, I found that if I put a piece of velcro just above the bottom of the chatterlaine on each side I could clasp the two ends together so I didn't keep "losing them" off my neck.

I used bias tape around the edges of the chatterlaine. They make great little gifts and are fun to make.