Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Check out BOMs as soon as you receive them >

Check out BOMs as soon as you receive them

Check out BOMs as soon as you receive them

Old 05-14-2011, 07:56 AM

Fellow Quilters: Don't hesitate on checking out the contents of a package if you are ordering a BOM. Back in '09 I purchased a McKenna Ryan BOM "Once Upon a Star" from an online QS in Oregon. The price was good with fabric (25.00 plus shipping). Okay I started receiving them and at that time my health wasn't so good and I did very little quilting. Yesterday Pollyv9 and I started going thru the first one and you know what (1) they did not send me Hoffman fabrics (silly me - but wouldn't you assume you were getting the fabrics to match?) but substituted others and not even equal subs for the fabrics in the list. The business is gone (no working phone nos) so I am stuck which leads me back to the beginning....if I had gone thru the bag I could have cancelled. So if you are ordering check it out and ask if the same fabrics are included. Maybe this is common with QS doing online business but my first experience, poo! :( The other thing a lot of those Glacier fabrics aren't available. I have some similar in my stash I can substitute but I sure wish now I had been more thorough. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Google Goddess

Thanks for warning us, good way for us to make sure we get what we ordered and read the fine print on kits
Old 05-14-2011, 08:06 AM

No but I am extremely unhappy with the company that does my BOM, poor customer service, makes me not want to do another BOM, I just have already lost interest in the project because they took so long to deliver it, did not contact me to let me know how late it would be, did not apologize really for the lateness, and said it would continue to be late.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:06 AM

http://www.pineneedles.com/download/OASFabricList.pdf I know it's not any consolation for you, but if you check her site, she lists what you need & you could see if you can still get the fabrics.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 AM

I probably will, especially for the background fabrics, they seemed to make the blocks really special
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM
MTS
Banned

The Glacier fabrics are still out there:
http://www.batiks.com/cgi-bin/Store/...pid=1#pcng8179

Also, there are some here:
http://www.batiksplus.com/SuperStore...sortmentID=345
Old 05-14-2011, 10:13 AM

I've had the same fabric substitution problem with Shabby Fabrics.com. Luckily I caught the difference right away, but not so luckily, they didn't fix my problem. I had to order extra yardage to match from another online shop. I've had that happen with Fons and Porter too. Always attributed it to my last name beginning with "W" and by then the original fabrics for kits must have run out! No matter-it's not a good feeling!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:13 PM

Yes, I plan on printing that out since you can get a total for the whole project by color. I plan to consolidate the colors from the kits and then go from there checking thru my stash first and then supplementing where I need to.