Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Check your order carefully from Thread Art >

Check your order carefully from Thread Art

Check your order carefully from Thread Art

Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
I've only ordered from Thread Art a couple of times and I ordered specific colors and cones. I received my orders quickly and everything was correct. They have been offering many specials recently and I can see why they might have been out of a popular color however they should have indicated a backorder and possible shipping date for missing items. Try emailing threadart and see what response you get from someone other than the service rep. As with any business I'm sure they want happy customers and might not be aware of what has transpired.
Greensleeves, I took your advice and e-mailed them yesterday with a request for a supervisor's attention to the matter. My prior phone call and now an e-mail would both be hard to overlook. Lo, and behold, I received a reply this morning from "April," (no indication that she is a supervisor) with apologies and offering me the option of either receiving a credit for the two missing spools or waiting for delivery of the two spools when they come in. Since I wanted and ordered complete sets, I opted for waiting for the two spools.

I will have to wait and see if the problem is fully resolved by my receipt of the two missing spools. Until then, I accept her apologies and appreciate the quick response but they still should have informed me without my initiation.

Interesting that another thread has started regarding a potential problem with Superior Threads's slow delivery and response time. I had planned on never ordering from Thread Art again and turning to Superior Threads. Buyer beware in all cases, I guess.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM

It stunning that a company would ship the order with no explanation or resolve to the issue. Sounds like a pretty serious quality control problem.. if they did not even know their "sets" are incomplete. I too would have been very put off by the first response.