Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: check your ruler

Power Poster
    If you've been using your ruler for a long time, check to make sure that the edge you're cutting against is still straight.

I've used mine so much that it has a curve in the middle of it - which may help explain why my strips were uneven!

I'd move my ruler down - I knew I had cut "straight" - and I had fabric sticking out in the middle of my ruler - FINALLY realized that the ruler is worn down in the center.

This may or not bother you-all. It bothered me. Now - what do I do with that ruler? The other side is worn, too, but not as much.

Never thought of that...hmm.....

As to what to do with it......Do you have any bad kids that need spankings? lol
    Any kids around the house that like to draw? They could use it.....

"that's ok... I don't sew straight, either."

I had a student tell me that once, about 15 years ago. It still makes me crack up when I remember it. :lol:

OK, bear, give the old ruler a break -- hang it up in a place of honor in your sewing room and go buy a new one!

Power Poster
    I do have others. Surprise. Surprise.

I don't even want to give it to someone - especially a newbie - it's challenging enough when the equipment is behaving properly. I'll probably pitch it. Better put a sign on it so hubby doesn't freak or retrieve it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathe
    "that's ok... I don't sew straight, either."

I had a student tell me that once, about 15 years ago. It still makes me crack up when I remember it. :lol:
    :lol: :lol: Well, at least the student was either very honest or had a good sense of humor...or maybe both! :wink:

Power Poster
    They are the Quilter's Rule brand - I think so - because the curve is where I cut the most.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tip God Bless

Never thought of that...

My 4yo broke my 24" ruler before it got a chance to wear like that. So I bought a new one. But I'll have to check the 12".

Thanks,

I've had that problem when I've used standard rulers. So far I haven't had it happen to my sewing rulers...thank goodness. It's frustrating when you've cut something and realized it isn't straight.