Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHICKENS!!! >

CHICKENS!!!

CHICKENS!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Oh thank goodness on the starting time mama....I have so many things I want to do...I don't know which ones to work on next and I DO want to do a Chicken quilt!! :lol: :lol:
Old 11-08-2008, 08:48 AM

Early in the year will work well for me too. I'm expecting a new granddaughter in the next couple of weeks and will be away from home (and my sewing machine) when we go for a visit.

You know, when I first heard about the challenge to do a chicken quilt the idea didn't really appeal to me. But I started looking at patterns and fabric and now I'm really excited about it. In fact, I've found so many cute patterns I just might have to make more than one. Thanks for the inspiration, mama.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:54 PM

i've never wanted to do a chicken quilt either until I saw a few chicken quilts from members of the board! Now, I see fabric everywhere and purchase a lot!

i'll have to look at my calendar to see exactly when we start - I am also co-chair of our scholastic book fair which is the end of January. And, I need to find out more about dd's hockey schedule and when outdoor hockey will be done before I can set a date for beginning the challenge!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

Sounds good to me Steph. I have lots of fabric to buy yet...and I'm trying to get some "breathing" room between big stash purchases. DH's eyeballs are still rolling from the last delivery :oops: and I haven't mentioned to him that I am going to my LQS to take another class at the end of the month...I always buy tons whenever I go there 8)
Old 01-17-2009, 07:18 AM

hoping we wait just a little while longer. i have a mental deadline to get a couple of things finished before i start this project. but i'm excited because i have the perfect pattern!

can you imagine a chicken sitting on a toilet?

:P
Old 01-17-2009, 07:40 AM

chicken on a toilet!!?? that's sounds awesome!

I've been doing some thinking on our chicken callenge...since we are all so busy with tons of projects, let's make this a long term challenge, maybe a BOM-type of challenge without forcing a pattern on anyone. We can check in each month, show our progress with an ending date of...I don't know, I'll think about it this weekend!

Between hockey, dd's surgery in March, spring break, I won't have anytime to finish anything until the end of march at my quilt retreat!

I'll post more specifics by Monday when I've had a chance to get some firm dates down and work up a schedule of when we can "meet" and post our monthly results!

bawk, bawk!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

Steph, a BOM type of deal sounds perfect to me!! I have lots of ideas...a little chicken fabric, a few block patterns and no time to work on it :oops: :lol:
Old 01-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Banned

auntluc

I'm having fun with this......my neighbor and good friend is sooooo into chickens and would love a chicken quilt I'm sure.
Will someone please put this poor ole chicken in their quilt so he won't go in the frying pan?

http://www.clipartof.com/details/clipart/5503.html
I just wanted to tell you that clip art is hilarious ! Also " fat cat patterns have chicken patterns http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/chickens.htm Annie

Old 01-18-2009, 02:57 AM

Hi... I'm new to this forum, can anyone join in the Chicken Challenge? And what are the rules?

:-)
Old 01-18-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Hi... I'm new to this forum, can anyone join in the Chicken Challenge? And what are the rules?:-)
Blue Chicken--Of course you can join!!! It is just a fun idea---there are NO rules. Just make any chicken blocks you want to, make a quilt of any size out of them and be sure to post lots of pictures of your project. Lots of really good patterns are free and the links are posted in this thread. You may also want to collect some chicken themed fabric to make your blocks with. Have fun with it!!!