Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocolate shortage

They probably misunderstood...it was a cotton shortage but hey...cotton...chocolate...a shortage is a disaster either way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mkay
    My DH and DS told me last night that there is going to be a chocolate shortage. Something about the cocoa bean crop or something they claim they heard it on the news. This is not going to be good cause I need my chocolate dailly.Any one else hear anything on this am I going to have to start stock piling.maky
    I have also heard this. Please don't take my chocolate or coffee.

Blog Entries
    I heard the same thing..... how will we survive??? More importantly, how will those around us survive when we can't get our fix????

It's true. My husband saw it, too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am diabetic so I seldom have it anyway.If I have it around I eat too much.So might be a good thing for me.

If it was priced out of reach then maybe I wouldn't eat it.

Chocolate and cotton...what next?

I am a recovering chocaholic. I also had severe PMDD. A lovely nurse practitioner started me taking B6 and Magnesium. Did you know that chocolate is very high in Magnesium and a deficiency can be what makes us chocaholics? At least that's what I learned. I enjoy an occasional good chocolate a whole lot more now that I don't have to have it.

My DH and DS told me last night that there is going to be a chocolate shortage. Something about the cocoa bean crop or something they claim they heard it on the news. This is not going to be good cause I need my chocolate dailly.Any one else hear anything on this am I going to have to start stock piling.maky
    I sure hope not. I have been on the dark chocolate so long that regular milk doesn't taste good to me anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey
    Nope, not kidding. They say that chocolate and coffee, among other things, are going to go sky high. One article that I read said that chocolate could go to $10 a pound!
    this is the one I read about also.

Chocolate stash is required material for bad days. Must get more chocolate!

am I going to have to start stock piling.maky
    You mean now we have to start chocolate stashes too?????????

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Supposedly by 2012, chocolate bars will be $10.00+. Now, not only do we need to stock up on fabric, we have to hoard the chocolate too. Picture a lot of chocolate covered cherries here and enjoy. :)

Hummm stockpile or stop eating it. I stopped eating it several years ago for several months. I needed extra prayer time for my family so every time I felt an urge for choc I would stop and pray. It worked very well for about a month then the cravings stopped. After a couple of months I started eating choc again...and promptly got sick from eating it. I'm really going to have to think about giving it up again...just not sure people will like me for the month it takes to get out of my system!

Diannia

I remember once a long time ago my mom heard there was going to be a toilet paper shortage. She had every closet full of toilet paper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rexie
    I remember once a long time ago my mom heard there was going to be a toilet paper shortage. She had every closet full of toilet paper.
    I remember that one well! I've been slowly stock piling dark chocolate as that is my favorite. Unfortunately, DH is also a chocoholic and keeps reducing my stash!

NOoooooooo say it ain't so !!?? :(

How can they raise the cost of chocolate AND cotton at the same time??? There has to be some kind of law against that!!!

I hope this is just an inaccurate rumor cause it's hard to stockpile chocolate....if it's in sight it is meant to be eaten! And if it's held at above about 70 degrees you may encounter the unsightly fat blooming (looks discolored/greyish from the fat rising to the surface)

Blog Entries
    Ugh! Don't need it daily, but when I need it hard to not think about it. Ever see the shows on TV and the cocoa bean harvesting? You would think there was a shortage. Wait, you can go into a retailer and think that, what with the price of the stuff! Lucky me, I got a 3 lb 8 oz bag (lotta chocolate!) of Kisses and a tulip plant yesterday from DH. I told him he didn't need to get me Dove chocolates this year (my favorite). He must have thought I was still asking for the chocolate, just a different kind... lol
    I did hear that the price of cotton was going up. Can't imagine paying more for cotton fabric!

oh no i better stock up !!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ
    Oh, no, absolutely not ... can't live without my chocolate :shock: If that's true I'm sure the price will skyrocket :-(

Susan
    The price is gonna sky rocket on a lot of things. Shortage of corn will make groceries go up and up.

I see cotton is double the price it use to be.

Spend NOW while you money can still buy something.
    Or put it in the bank and watch it depreciate

Blog Entries
    do you think we are headed for a black market on Chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    They were not kidding! I read it in the Business section of the paper. The flooding in Indonesia and other parts of the cocoa producing world have been clobbered. I think stockpiling is in order!
    Only problem with stockpiling - if it is in the house, I know it - that little bird keeps reminding me it is there - which means it soon will be gone- As is my waistline. If I have to drive to get it, there is a better chance I won't eat it - MAYBE....

This is going to be a rough year if both cotton and chocolate are going up in price.......UGHHHHHHHHHHH

I heard this too. But I had to give up chocolate when I learned that I am a diabetic. I lost weight giving up sugar. When I miss it I put diet hot chocolate powder on my popcorn,that does the trick for me. :thumbup:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast