Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 10-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

Cute mittens!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:27 AM

I made these medallions on my em and glued tham on the candles with Ilenes Jewel It glue. They stitch up pretty fast and I usually get the candles at JoAnn's after Christmas for $.99
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100640.jpe  
Old 10-23-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sewgray
I made these medallions on my em and glued tham on the candles with Ilenes Jewel It glue. They stitch up pretty fast and I usually get the candles at JoAnn's after Christmas for $.99
What a great idea, I am going to try this today. Need to get the candles though.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Great idea....I wa just thinking how hard this Christmas is going to be...........I'm not working much. I need ideas for young guys, like 17-25!!!!!!! Cant think of a thing to do Hm and not too expensive!
Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

Such fun to see all these ideas!,
Old 10-23-2010, 02:08 PM

We drew our grab bag names at work Friday and I got the boss! Damn! What in the world do you get the boss?? After reading thru these pages (thank you, thank you!!) how does this sound: 2 potholders in his favorite NFL team and a gift card for Omaha Steaks? I know he likes to bar-b-que but thought it would be more personal with the handmade potholders. Please if anyone has a better suggestion, tell me.
This is the greatest thread--I made my gift list as I was reading. Thank you!!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
We drew our grab bag names at work Friday and I got the boss! Damn! What in the world do you get the boss?? After reading thru these pages (thank you, thank you!!) how does this sound: 2 potholders in his favorite NFL team and a gift card for Omaha Steaks? I know he likes to bar-b-que but thought it would be more personal with the handmade potholders. Please if anyone has a better suggestion, tell me.
This is the greatest thread--I made my gift list as I was reading. Thank you!!
that sounds like a super idea.....BBQ mitts would be good and the gift card..perfect and you could even find a recipe for a marinate to go with it..
Old 10-23-2010, 02:33 PM

[quote Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.[/quote]

I made a couple last week-end using the burrito method and was surprised how quickly I finished them.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
[quote Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.
I made a couple last week-end using the burrito method and was surprised how quickly I finished them.[/quote]

where do I find the pillowcase tute for the burrito/tube method? thanks, I know somebody will send me in the right direction
Old 10-23-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
[quote Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.
I made a couple last week-end using the burrito method and was surprised how quickly I finished them.
where do I find the pillowcase tute for the burrito/tube method? thanks, I know somebody will send me in the right direction[/quote]

Hi MJ, Try the Missouri Quilt Company video. Also saw it on a U-Tube video. I'll see if I can find the I liked the best.