Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Christmas fabric @ Walmart

In Ohio, our Walmart has had out the Christmas fabric since they started putting the fabric department back in the store about 2 months ago. I have been making quilted Christmas decorations for the last two weeks.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday I stopped by the Walmart in our town that still carries fabric. I don't shop there very often and was disappointed in the selection and quality. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. No Christmas fabric and just odd bolts that didn't coordinate with anything. Won't go out of my way to stop again anytime soon.

Blog Entries
    Ours also has had some out for awhile!!

Our WM took out all the sewing notions except just what was needed. To get any embroidery floss you have to go out of town. They keep saying the fabric department was returning and it has been out about two years. STILL WAITING.

Blog Entries
    Our WM never lost it's fabric and they put out the Christmas fabrics quite a while ago. I haven't been back in for a couple of weeks but they still had a pretty good amt when I checked last. I think it depends on who does the ordering. If the person who orders for the fabric dept doesn't sew, they may not order what people who DO sew would. Just a thought.

Our Christmas fabric came out in late Aug or early Sept.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan
    That seems strange as our Walmart has had Christmas fabric out for months......
    So has ours-they even have Valentines fabric already

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    It's kind of late for Christmas fabrics to be arriving... the mills print them so they are ready in May, June and July.

Maybe you ladies should try to "educate" your Walmarts (fabric depts)? How many people DO NOT realize that quilters are getting their projects ready for Christmas in summer...and early fall?

Quilters who put their quilts/table toppers...etc into the county/state fairs have their projects completed by JULY. So since it sounds like not all Walmarts are the same try just having a talk with whom EVER is in charge of the fabric dept at your local WM stores. If they aren't quilters.. they have no clue.

That's a bummer. Our Walmarts here have the xmas fabric and also I just came across pre-cuts at Walmarts. The price is very reasonable.

Makes no sense not to have Christmas fabric out. Sounds like the person does not really know and made something up. I would be really nervous if I didn't have a Christmas present done by now - or at least have the fabric. More power to you if you are starting now. A lot of Web sites are clearancing Christmas fabric.

Our Walmart has not returned our fabric dept.They seem to not know if it will return, so I have given up with WM.....don't even shop there anymore...

ours has christmas fabric...

Blog Entries
    I think Walmart has put a bandaid on all the protesting no fabric in stores where the need is the greatest; our fabric section in the closest Walmart to me is a storage place for pallets of things going out on the floor to be put on display - so one has to step around and through the pallets to look at what fabric there is. At first I felt they were just using the space temporarily, but 6 months of the same-o, same-o tells me they just don't care!

I've complained, but not to the manager, but it seems they just are doing what they want to do - and to heck with teh consumer; otherwise teh store is fairly neat - so why just the fabric department?

Quote Originally Posted by FunQuilts
    It's interesting how some Christmas items they'll put out as early as September, but other items like fabric sometimes take longer.
    They know all quilters are crazy and we'll wait.

:shock:

Blog Entries
    I found that kinda weird too

Our WM just started putting in fabric this week. They had fat quarters in Christmas prints for .99. All the fabric isnt out yet so not sure if they have the Christmas fabric on the bolts.

our walmart has very little x-mas fabric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2