Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas gift feedback >

Christmas gift feedback

Christmas gift feedback

Old 12-27-2011, 06:06 PM

Gave youngest son's wife a quilt and she seemed to love it. She is a Canadian and I chose Maple leaves and had it long-armed with maple leaves. Colors were what she has in her house, it was really quite beautiful to me and my friends. I loved it and I think that counts with me. I always hope they love it, but I trust my judgement too.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM

I have 3 great-nieces aged 7,5, and 2. I talked with their mom lately and found out they were "green with envy" about the girls that she babysits bringing their "babies" with real doll clothes on. So, I had her send me the sizes of their "babies" and made a box full of doll clothes - dresses, vests, pants, hoodies, frilly blouses, diapers and big girl panties. Each one also got a doll quilt. Watching them gasp, and jump up and down and dive into that box was priceless. My niece texted me that she woke up this morning to find the girls playing with their babies and the clothes. That felt fantastic!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM

Im a new quilter, made quilts for my niece and 2 nephews. My sisters ooh'd and aah'd over them so I was happy with the response.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 PM

the best was the one I "helped" my goddaughter make for her parents. It was a stand-alone stuffed Christmas tree that she embellished with heat-bond Swarovski crystals and charms. I am proud of her, if you could't tell! The truth is she did 99% of the work this time. I just talked her through it while helping her learn to read and understand directions. I also made about 6 10-minute table runners. Our receptionist at work thanked me this morning, telling me she had a perfect table for it and that it would remain out all year!!