Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A christmas Gift For You From ShellyQ >

A christmas Gift For You From ShellyQ

A christmas Gift For You From ShellyQ

Old 12-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Your patterns are so timely--my sis was here for a month and did all my Christmas decorating. She thought I should have quilted Christmas ornaments and here are the patterns. Thanks a bunch.

OOPS --didn't really intend to post this twice. Sorry.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:43 PM

Thank you so much....They are adorable....I will really try to make them for next year.....Thanks again
Old 12-29-2007, 10:50 AM

:P Thank you so much Shelly. The pot holders will be nice gifts for next year.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:42 AM

Hi new kid :D
I had the same problem shellyQ told me to check print as image.
yipee :) It worked
kitin39
Old 01-02-2008, 11:09 AM

ShellyQ:
I just found this thread with all your ornaments...THANK YOU! It is so nice of you to share your creative work and patterns with all of us. With Christmas now over, I'll have the entire year to work on some of these for next year. My sister started a tradition in her home when her children were babies to get them a new ornament each year...when they grew up and got married they took their ornaments with them so when we went to her home this Christmas for dinner I noticed her Christmas tree was a bit shy of decorations Her granddaughter had helped them decorate the tree and all the ornaments were on eye level for a 4 year old! It was very cute. :lol: :lol: I think I'll make some spectacular ornaments for DS for next year. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Feathers
Old 03-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Dear ShellyQ,
You are a very talented quilter. I have only been quilting a few years but spread my time between golf and quilting. The tree decorations are great. I downloaded the design, but where do I go from there. Is this paper piecing? Do you have more directions for making these. Also I joined the Flying Geese Quilt Guild in Fallston, Maryland, and I wonder how you would feel if I suggested that we make these as a Christmas project for 2008?
Maybe one day, I will be able to share something I have made.

Thank you,
Barbara
Old 03-23-2008, 12:40 PM

Hi Barbara
Sorry I haven't been back to you on this, I haven't been the best, so I haven't been around for a while. I'm so touched that you like them :D , there is a download in among the patterns, of foundation piecing instructions for these, on the first page of this thread. I haven't given cutting instructions, as that really depends on how experianced you are at foundation piecing. You don't need to have accurately cut pieces for this method, just make sure they are plenty big enough :P , you trim off any excess after you have sewn the seam. As for using the patterns at you guild for a project, I am very flattered that you are considering using them and have no problem with that, all I ask is that you would give credit to the designer. I hope that has helped some, if not, please clarify what the problem is and I will do the best I can to help

Cheers ShellyQ
Old 03-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Thank you sew much, they're beautiful. Thanks for the pattens too.
Love the fabric, so festive.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:21 AM

Don't know how I missed this post last November....! But, perfect timing. My guild has a show in September and it's theme is Christmas. We are to make ornaments for trees and then we will donate them to a womans shelter for Christmas this year . Can't wait to make them tonight. Thanks so much for sharing! (I need to keep going back thru my emails to see what else I missed) What a nice surprise
Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 AM

What a nice idea. Thank you for the patterns. Nice to have something a little different to make for Christmas gifts.