Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas Gifts >

Christmas Gifts

Christmas Gifts

Old 11-20-2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tfch8184 View Post
Tis the season for us to start cracking down on making Christmas presents. So let's all share as we get them done.

Here is my first. It's a bag for my sil. She is a nurse hence the fabric choice and had complained about needing a bag for carrying her waters and lunch and kindle. So I made this for her and made a wider strap so it doesn't hurt her shoulder. I will make a matching kindle cover for her with the extra fabric I have.

I still have a bunch of stockings to quilt up which will go quick. 2 nook cases and 2 kindle cases to make. Hopefully I can make my grandmother in law a quilt for her bed as well. She asked for one in all blue for her bed.
I am sure she will love it,bless you,Letty
Old 11-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Hi -- I used the same fabric for a Little Duffle Do Ya bag for my sister who is in nursing school. She finishes in May I think. Hope she will find some use for it. I like your tote better! What pattern did you use if I may ask!?

Thanks,
Julie - stitch124

Originally Posted by Tfch8184 View Post
Tis the season for us to start cracking down on making Christmas presents. So let's all share as we get them done.

Here is my first. It's a bag for my sil. She is a nurse hence the fabric choice and had complained about needing a bag for carrying her waters and lunch and kindle. So I made this for her and made a wider strap so it doesn't hurt her shoulder. I will make a matching kindle cover for her with the extra fabric I have.

I still have a bunch of stockings to quilt up which will go quick. 2 nook cases and 2 kindle cases to make. Hopefully I can make my grandmother in law a quilt for her bed as well. She asked for one in all blue for her bed.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:28 AM

Your nurses bag is great. I am a retired nurse, and would have loved that bag to carry my "things" to work. Good job.
Sue