Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas/holiday Presents >

Christmas/holiday Presents

Christmas/holiday Presents

Old 07-18-2010, 03:09 AM

Napkins and placemat are really cute. I just have too many to do for. I made table runners for all my girls
last year. I am thinking pot holders this year.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:53 AM

I am suppose to be finishing 2 quilts that my grandmothers each started and finish them for my dad and mom. I may make an apron for my brother and that is all. Not sure for everyone else. Last year made a table runner for my sl and she did not even acknowledge it, so don't know what to do about her. Never do.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
I need to find a pattern(or make my own) but have been thinking about a caddy for the bedroom.
like a chair caddy to put the TV remote etc.
Everyone in my house has a TV in the bedroom and then teh cell phones and Ipods etc.
I thought a caddy(to hang down from between mattress and box springs) to hold everything would be great as my nightstand is always full!
Good idea I think I will make one for my nightstand also. :thumbup:
Old 07-18-2010, 06:25 AM

I just received the most beautiful batic coasters from my secret pal Ruthruff3 if I can describe them correctly they are folded (sort of like origami) and the stem of a wine glass will fit in perfectly. Of course they're perfect for any glass :) :) If I can get a pattern or figure them out on my own I'll make them as Christmas gifts. I am also going to make Floor quilts for my daughters and mother. Hopefully not too time consuming as they are no sew. Bought the book "Floorquilts by Ellen Highsmith Silver"
Old 07-18-2010, 06:38 AM

A simple gift I made last year was I filled clear glass ornaments, bought at Michael's, with skinny strips of batiks I had from squaring up fabric. They came out quite cute. Batiks work well because they appear the same on both sides of fabric. I gave them out to family that I don't usually give gifts to and my quilting friends.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
I just received the most beautiful batic coasters from my secret pal Ruthruff3 if I can describe them correctly they are folded (sort of like origami) and the stem of a wine glass will fit in perfectly. Of course they're perfect for any glass :) :) If I can get a pattern or figure them out on my own I'll make them as Christmas gifts. I am also going to make Floor quilts for my daughters and mother. Hopefully not too time consuming as they are no sew. Bought the book "Floorquilts by Ellen Highsmith Silver"
I am making coaster also, but just square ones. They are great if you live in a humid climate as they will asorb condensation.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:07 AM

I live in SW FL pretty humid here :) though not as bad as other places we are surrounded by water so we always have a nice breeze :) :) :)
Old 07-18-2010, 07:21 AM

In between William's naps (which are getting longer) and his nighttime sleep is earlier in the evening so Mommy can start sewing again woooooooooo hooooooooo!!

This year I am making a few sets of butcher aprons with matching potholders (seminole stripes for embellishment). Mostly though since William takes up much of my time I am finding that knitting is the easiest thing for me to take up and put down while tending to him, so therefore many people are getting homemade socks!! I am still fairly new to knitting and have decided to challenge myself once more and I'm attempting a little dress for a little girl who will be 8 months old at Christmas. I am making it in this GORGEOUS shade of red!!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

I would go to a good quilt store and look at thier patterns for accessories. There is some good ideas there. Them try looking a bed bath and beyond. There might be some things you could make there. ?? There is always wallets, breif cases, neck warmers,cassarole carriers, pot holders, towels to match, aprons and table runners.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:31 AM

I learned to make a travel jewelry case in a machine embroidery class. It takes a couple of hours to make it, and it turns out so cute. Usually though, baked goods.